Leaky Cap on Spray Tan Machine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonnibabes

Reaction score
Hi there, First of all Id like to say that this forum is a lifesaver! Found the answer to lots of wee questions ive had, until now!

1 - I use the t200 hvlp and have recently found that when the solution is in the cap/bottle bit of the gun it is leaking out. I am not holding the gun to the side so I dont understand why it is happening! I have cleaned the gun and checked the seal but its only got worse! Its dripped onto clients while spraying and i end up with splodges on my hands which doesnt look very professional (Gloves make my hands sweat!)I had to spray someone tonight with a sandwich bag round the cap part (lucky it was my friend!) and it had about a tablespoon of solution in it by the end of the tan.

Anyone know what this could be?

2 - I read in a few posts about wearing a mask when spraying, I noticed I was starting to have a terrible yucky throat after spraying and a cough that just didnt feel right. Ive started using a mask and it has helped but I still have a funny dryness when breathing after I have done a few tans, any advice?

Thanks in advance!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

You may need a new rubber seal for this, your supplier can get you one of these.

Hi there, First of all Id like to say that this forum is a lifesaver! Found the answer to lots of wee questions ive had, until now!

1 - I use the t200 hvlp and have recently found that when the solution is in the cap/bottle bit of the gun it is leaking out. I am not holding the gun to the side so I dont understand why it is happening! I have cleaned the gun and checked the seal but its only got worse! Its dripped onto clients while spraying and i end up with splodges on my hands which doesnt look very professional (Gloves make my hands sweat!)I had to spray someone tonight with a sandwich bag round the cap part (lucky it was my friend!) and it had about a tablespoon of solution in it by the end of the tan.

Anyone know what this could be?

2 - I read in a few posts about wearing a mask when spraying, I noticed I was starting to have a terrible yucky throat after spraying and a cough that just didnt feel right. Ive started using a mask and it has helped but I still have a funny dryness when breathing after I have done a few tans, any advice?

Thanks in advance!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

1)it's likely the white seal that sits in the receptor for the cup has been squashed(happens if the cup is over tightened) or is damaged....simple to fix...just call up your provider and order a new cup ring...costs pennies....in the interim wipe some Vaseline around where the seal is...may help till you get a new seal.
2)sounds to me like you maybe need extraction/air purification?

I've never had a leaky cap with my T200 but when my husband does my tan he always leaks, I realised the last time that when he was getting to the bottom of my legs and rounding off at my feet he was 'flicking' the gun too much and causing it to leak. He also does it when he does a circular spray.

Thanks, I think it has been over tightend, I will call them tomorrow for a new seal :smack:

Just get some PTFE tape (white plumbers tape) from somewhere like B&Q - wrap it around the thread of your bottle in the opposite direction to tightening it (otherwise it will come undone when you unscrew the bottle) and it should stop the leak.

Jackie

Latest posts

Back