Leaving CND Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysa.G

Reaction score
I have noticed that in the last few months a lot of techs are selling their CND Shellac stock? I honestly am surprised and quite shocked at this. Have I missed something? I know about Gel 11 being launched, but can not make any sense of it. I love my CND Shellac, I invested in the stock and training when it was launched. Why have all these people who I thought were fellow CND'ers leaving? Can anyone shed any light?

I've been doing my own nails for years. I recently decided to add gel polish to my treatments list. I can see the attraction of gel II.... No base coat, vitamins and kind to the nail, longer wearing a huge array of colours, led lamp...

I'm starting off with shellac, mainly for the fact that it's well known, well respected, hypo allergenic & easy to use & remove...so far I've had great service from S2.

I have a few gel II colours. I found removal very tricky, more like some of the cheaper brands I've tried in the past. Many colours need a nude underneath, so sort of counteracts the not needing base coat. You do get more for your money with the size of the bottle, but it is very thick in consistency. I'm waiting to see how the lamp plays out. If the rechargeable batteries hold out. Sounds like a great idea though.

There are a lot people plugging gel II at the moment, and investing in the brand for career progress. I hope it lives up to all the hype as there are a lot of plus's but It will be good to see how it develops.

I won't be ditching shellac but will be buying the rest of the gel II reactions as they're fun and something different.

X

Many have started using different brands and aren't prepared to carry two brands, sometimes more, in salon.

I have used CND Shellac for years now and am really happy with it but I personally get no longevity out of it.

When I started reading about gel ll, I thought I'd give it a go. It has lasted brilliantly on me and clients. I don't see the need to use a light colour as a base coat as a problem. At least you don't need a separate, specific product as base coat - any light one will do, so you can use whatever you have.

I plan to keep Shellac alongside gel ll for the time being. I personally think a lot of Shellac colours are samey and uninspiring, and the coverage can be a bit hit and miss.
I haven't had a problem removing gel ll at all and the condition of the nails underneath has been amazing.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask why it needs a light colour under some of the colours?? I'm thinking of investing in gel ll, so finding out as much info as I can before buying. Thanks ladies..

I've moved over to INK after becoming increasingly frustrated with the new colours from CND. With every new collection, there's at least 2 or 3 colours too similar to those already in the collection. In the new collection being launched at the next show, two of the colours aren't even new! Also, the lack of deals and offers started to annoy me. Every other brand or supplier offer regular VAT free days or run special offers throughout the year, S2/CND didn't do that. It's not that I want to scrimp on products, I just think that it's nice to have an offer every now and again.

The price of INK is excellent! And, believe me, they do not compromise the quality. INK lasts on me double the time Shellac did. I'm taking a break from being a nail tech so can only comment on my own nails. Also, the service I constantly receive from INK is amazing.

That's why I sold off all my Shellac and moved brands

I have noticed that in the last few months a lot of techs are selling their CND Shellac stock? I honestly am surprised and quite shocked at this. Have I missed something? I know about Gel 11 being launched, but can not make any sense of it. I love my CND Shellac, I invested in the stock and training when it was launched. Why have all these people who I thought were fellow CND'ers leaving? Can anyone shed any light?

If you and your clients are happy with Shellac I wouldn't worry too much about what everyone else is doing tbh

I've been a CND tech since I trained nearly 8 years ago, and admit I've wondered if I'm missing out on something recently! However, in all honesty, I thought long and hard about what my business offers and with the CND range I can happily and successfully deal with any nail issues my clients have, I offer the full range of services and my clients complain that I have TOO many colours for them to choose from lol

The only thing I've added from outside of CND is IBX, which is fantastic, but unless something else new comes out which can offer something I don't already offer then I will be sticking with CND.

It always interesting seeing what others are doing but I don't let it influence my business unless I feel it's something that will benefit me and my clients.

I am selling my kit due to being unimpressed with CNDs recent collections ( they all look samey) and that they try and pass some old colours off as 'new' when they launch a new line of shellac colours.

Also I find where I live there is not much call for nails even though I have done offers, marketing and really pushed it etc

I'am an experienced nail tech with 13 years experience and in the 2 years I have stocked CND shellac and Vinylux I have only had 3 enquires.

So I'm sticking to doing just hair and makeup as this what people around where I cover want.

Thanks girls. I have to say yes i agree CND need to bring more oomph to the range. But i can not bare to think about leaving them. I trained with them over 15 years ago and to be a Master Artist. I love their family feel, their interaction and the products. Just shocked me that a lot of techs who were CBD through & through last year have left? X

I also feel that the colours in Shellac are too similar and unfortunately a little boring compared to some of the other gel polishes. I would have like to have given Gel 11 a go and run it along side Shellac but a hairdressers a few doors up from us is doing it for £10.00 so I'm now not going to go anywhere near it.

We've introduced Artistic and so far so good, lovely colours, goes on well and not too hard to remove, however I was hoping unlike Shellac it may stay on my nails a bit longer but unfortunately that's not the case - I don't think there is a gel /power polish out there that will stay on me :(

Have u took the training for artistic? As you would know u need too brush off the Base coats after curing other wise it doesn't stay xxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back