Leaving hairdressing, really need your advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye74

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I wonder if you would be able to help me please. What it is i have been hairdressing for 26yrs now. Been managing for 14 yrs, and Ive reached as far as i can go (don't find it challenging enough for me now). Anyway i work at a really fab salon, Ive a really busy column and a large clientele (Ive been doing their hair for a long time ). I'm leaving the hairdressing industry and going into tutoring Essential skills. Ive handed in my notice , but Ive not told my clients yet (I'm dreading it) . The thing is my boss is a good friend and i don't want my clients to go to another salon. How do you suppose i go about this? should i say that Im leaving now, and suggest other stylists where i work. I would really appreciate your feedback and any tips , Thanks Geeks xxx

You sound like you're certain in your decision and that in itself is a plus because it sounds like you've handled your inner dilemma about what to do ultimately.

With regards to your clients I would tell them about it and recommend them to people of your choosing (kind of like an aftercare advice). My hairdresser recently moved to a premise miles away from me and I really appreciated his honesty and the advice he gave me when it comes to looking for a new hairdresser. As a result I appreciate his advice and I think most clients are understanding of the honesty...better than trying to get am appointment one day and not being able to get in touch.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new venture...people have several careers these days and I think that's a norm and that's ok.

You sound like you're certain in your decision and that in itself is a plus because it sounds like you've handled your inner dilemma about what to do ultimately.

With regards to your clients I would tell them about it and recommend them to people of your choosing (kind of like an aftercare advice). My hairdresser recently moved to a premise miles away from me and I really appreciated his honesty and the advice he gave me when it comes to looking for a new hairdresser. As a result I appreciate his advice and I think most clients are understanding of the honesty...better than trying to get am appointment one day and not being able to get in touch.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new venture...people have several careers these days and I think that's a norm and that's ok.
Thanks for your advice :) much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back