Lecente chrome powders help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmaxxy

Msm
Reaction score
I got the chrome pigments in today and was practising mirror nails but I followed instructions that I've seen online and I can't seem to get them to have a mirror finish, they look more like a metallic polish, what am I doing wrong? I'm doing cnd base coat, 2 colour coats, lecente layer it, then smoothing the pigment over with eyeshadow applicator then wipe with lint free pad then shellac top coat.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1483730145.543723.jpg

Not sure if this is what you say you've done but.... this is what I do, cnd base coat, 2 colours, top coat (cure) DRY wipe the sticky layer off, then apply chrome powder, CND top coat again. I get the mirror finish, but I think it's too thick as peels off pretty easily! Also the powder seems to come off a wee bit at the edges when I've wiped the final sticky layer off

I do base coat,
ONE colour coat, keeps the thickness down.;)
I use silver chrome if going for silver mirror, that way any 'wear' will hardly show :cool:, then cure.
Apply 'Layer it', and cure.
Using a sponge applicator, burnish in the chrome powder, then dry wipe to remove any excess.
Top coat & cure.
No problems with wear....2 weeks in and I'm a hairdresser, with the worlds worst nails!:p

Thanks I'll try again! X

Hi I've found it best to do a non wipe top coat after the colour but before the chrome. Also I've found shellac top coat not the best to get the mirror shine. I use a bluesky top coat. I think once you've put any top coat on through
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1483797347.855092.jpg
you do lose a bit of the shine

They look good! I have tried with gelish top coat also but still not great maybe I'll try bluesky. Thanks [emoji4]

I found the gelish topcoat even worse.

I do base coat,
ONE colour coat, keeps the thickness down.;)
I use silver chrome if going for silver mirror, that way any 'wear' will hardly show :cool:, then cure.
Apply 'Layer it', and cure.
Using a sponge applicator, burnish in the chrome powder, then dry wipe to remove any excess.
Top coat & cure.
No problems with wear....2 weeks in and I'm a hairdresser, with the worlds worst nails!:p

Forgot to say, apart from the Lecente 'Layer it, and chrome powder, the rest is all CND Shellac...
No problems with loss of shine or wear when using the original Shellac top coat. :)

Latest posts

Back