LED or UV lamp to cure Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazyfizzle

Reaction score
Hi, i'm currently in the process of changing to Gelish. I can't quite afford the Gelish lamps at the moment so am going to save for one but in the meantime I need something to get me going. I was just wondering what people think about LED or UV. I have seen some 36w UV lamps and also some 6w LED lamps. Does anyone have any advice one what would cure better/faster. Many thanks :)

When I started with gelish I too couldn't afford everything so used my original 36w uv lamp and it worked fine. I now have the 18g led which is fab but maybe it would be good to save some pennies and go with the uv to start with x

If u can't afford a good led like the 6g or 18g I wouldn't bother with a cheap led. I tried 2 and they were rubbish, just didn't cure properly. I went back to my uv then got the 18g. Love it, couldn't go back to uv now.

Hi, i'm currently in the process of changing to Gelish. I can't quite afford the Gelish lamps at the moment so am going to save for one but in the meantime I need something to get me going. I was just wondering what people think about LED or UV. I have seen some 36w UV lamps and also some 6w LED lamps. Does anyone have any advice one what would cure better/faster. Many thanks :)

Just think about it hun, are you really going to be able to paint a hand in30 secs to warrant getting an LED? At least with the uv, you have 2 mins to paint the other hand iykwim xxx

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using SalonGeek

Thank you, my friend has the 6G and it really is amazing isn't it, I will definitely be saving for one :) ok I will look into getting a 36w UV. Thanks :)

I'm in the same boat I'm using my UVlamp while saving for a decent LED ;)

That is a very good point... no i wouldn't :) think a 36w would be a good lamp for me to start. Can anyone recommend a good one or are they all pretty much the same?

That is a very good point... no i wouldn't :) think a 36w would be a good lamp for me to start. Can anyone recommend a good one or are they all pretty much the same?

I use the CND one, cures much better than my cheap one did xxx

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using SalonGeek

I have the CND lamp for my gelish and it's amazing, and you can offer shellac in the future if you wish too :) xx

I have the CND one too. The timer features on it are great and you can customise the timers too.

If you are going to save up for an 18G or 6G then I would just get a normal UV, you can get one for less than £50. I know the CND lamp is good, but if you are eventually going the LED route I can't see the point of spending out on one, especially if you're not thinking of offering Shellac. Not many people can paint a hand in 30 secs, but I can paint a base and TIO in 30 secs and the LED definitely takes time off your service, especially if you are fixing a chip or doing your own nails. I can do a set of Gelish in half an hour (without soak off).

I have both a CND lamp & OPI led lamp. I use both. They both cure perfectly, LED just faster!

I think I'm going to goodie the CND lamp and offer Shellac as well as Gelish I have had quite a few enquiries about Shellac;)

I Use 2 CND lamps which speeds up my service and is more comfortable for clients. I also have the small Harmony LED lamp (6g?) which as it was a 4finger cure I just keep for doing toes or the rare repairs I get...and doing my own Gelish!

Izzidoll AKA the lamp queen!

If you are going to save up for an 18G or 6G then I would just get a normal UV, you can get one for less than £50. I know the CND lamp is good, but if you are eventually going the LED route I can't see the point of spending out on one, especially if you're not thinking of offering Shellac. Not many people can paint a hand in 30 secs, but I can paint a base and TIO in 30 secs and the LED definitely takes time off your service, especially if you are fixing a chip or doing your own nails. I can do a set of Gelish in half an hour (without soak off).

I am looking to get a UV lamp but I'm a bit strapped for cash. Where can you get a good one for less than £50 that preferably isn't eBay?? xx

Latest posts

Back