Left confused by my teacher?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotteleanne

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting so be nice lol :) basically i qualified in acrylics 2 months ago, and i done my friends nails for the first time yesterday............it took an hour and a half like it usually does. She then commented "when the chinese do my nails they don't take the shine off the fake nail tip? " so i googled like crazy as that's how i have been taught all along and getting mixed messages. so far i have come up with..........you only take the shine off the false nail tip if you are doing gel. is this correct? so my question is simple. do you take the shine off the false nail tip before applying acrylic? i know you have to gently take the shine of the natural nail plate. im just so confused at the moment? any help please? thank you.:eek::eek:

I would not trust any NSS salon techniques. 😁
Go by what you learned and never let anyone who isn't a teacher or more experienced nail tech make you doubt yourself . Believe in you and your education. Do it the way you were trained :)

Hi, first time posting so be nice lol :) basically i qualified in acrylics 2 months ago, and i done my friends nails for the first time yesterday............it took an hour and a half like it usually does. She then commented "when the chinese do my nails they don't take the shine off the fake nail tip? " so i googled like crazy as that's how i have been taught all along and getting mixed messages. so far i have come up with..........you only take the shine off the false nail tip if you are doing gel. is this correct? so my question is simple. do you take the shine off the false nail tip before applying acrylic? i know you have to gently take the shine of the natural nail plate. im just so confused at the moment? any help please? thank you.:eek::eek:

I would say do it the way you were trained. But with that said, no you don't need to remove the shine off a tip when doing acrylics. Its only with gel that you need to as the gel can't adhere to a shiny, smooth tip.

No I wasn't taught to remove the shine either for acrylics, just blend the tip, thenscrub fresh the natural nail plate, and apply your acrylic.​
(Also, I don't think the OP said her friend went to an NSS? She just said Chinese.......Just because someone is Chinese, doesn't mean they are from a NSS!?!?!)​

No I wasn't taught to remove the shine either for acrylics, just blend the tip, thenscrub fresh the natural nail plate, and apply your acrylic.​
(Also, I don't think the OP said her friend went to an NSS? She just said Chinese.......Just because someone is Chinese, doesn't mean they are from a NSS!?!?!)​

I agree with this but mostly want to also object to the assumption that 'Chinese' means NSS! It doesn't and I think comments like these should be objected to every time they appear!

I hope the OP has her answer as I don't want to divert the reason for the thread

As mum has just said can I remind everyone that it is unacceptable to imply that ethnicity defines whether someone is a good or bad technician. NSS refers to Non Standard Salon - that the salon or technician chooses not to follow industry standards with technique, product, hygiene, health and safety. It does not refer to their country of origin.

Omg im so sorry i never meant to offend. Its the small salons what chinese people own, and only chinese people work there. Im sorry. I just didnt know how to put it. Thanks for your replies, that definitley takes at least 20 minutes off my time 😊❤️

Omg im so sorry i never meant to offend. Its the small salons what chinese people own, and only chinese people work there. Im sorry. I just didnt know how to put it. Thanks for your replies, that definitley takes at least 20 minutes off my time 😊❤️

It wasn't you :hug: There is nothing wrong with saying 'Chinese salon'! It was the next poster who assumed that it was an NSS. There are plenty of NSS salons run by all races!

It wasn't you :hug: There is nothing wrong with saying 'Chinese salon'! It was the next poster who assumed that it was an NSS. There are plenty of NSS salons run by all races!

Were I live , "that is" the the NSS salons, sorry if your offended. 😁

I don't want to take this further off topic, but to assume people are Chinese because you think they look Chinese, is just as wrong as assuming an Asian tech is a non standard tech!

The staff in a lot of these salons can be from Vietnam, Indonesia or any other South East Asian country (China is not in SEA)

It's kind of like looking at me and saying I am English.....when in fact I am a very proud Scot!

Anyway, regarding taking the shine off tips, I was always taught to do this for any type of enhancement. Probably for acrylic enhancements it isn't strictly necessary as it will adhere anyway, but I think removing shine stops it slipping about too much until it starts to cure.
If using natural tips and blending them, then the shine is removed in that process anyway.

Thanks everyone ❤️ by my area they are chinese because i always ask them where they are from etc 😊 xxx

Latest posts

Back