Leg wax contra-action, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggy77

Never too old to learn
Reaction score
Had my legs waxed by a student yesterday as a favour as she needed to pass an assessment. My legs have come up like this all over, like tiny blood blisters, it hasn't been scratched, even though it is itching terribly, I have even taken anti-histamine, why do you think they have come up like this? I did notice that she didn't stretch when waxing, could this be the reason? Any suggestions on calming it down?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458070633.594220.jpg

Anxious for someone to respond to this... Not sure but yes the skin should have been stretched

This is folliculitis "redness" after waxing. This is a common contra-action of waxing although the severity can change from person to person. You have totally done the right thing by taking an anti-histamine it should subside after a few days I should leave it alone. A cool shower, not too hot. Avoid hot baths, sunbeds (if you use them) & no highly perfumed creams or lotions. If irritation & redness continues visit your doctors! Are you on any medication at all? Have you been waxed before? Is this a normal reaction for you?

Hi
No medication, I have been waxed loads of times and I do react a bit, but nothing like this! I have wax master after wax lotion, that has soothed it a bit. I always follow all the other rules, just don't understand why it's come up this bad! Thanks X

Hmm it may just be one of those things unfortunately, sounds like your doing everything right, if it doesn't look any better after 24-48 hours go to your docs hope it feels better soon!! X

You poor thing...that's pretty bad, especially if you have waxed in the past.
Yes, the therapist should have stretched the skin.
Wondering if she was very forceful when removing each strip? It looks like there is a little capillary bleeding at the bottom of the follicles.
It should clear up ok but if you get any white pus spots appearing this would be a sign of infection and you may need antibiotic cream from your GP.

Keep the area really clean, keep pets away from your legs especially.
If it were me I would apply 1% hydrocortisone cream a couple of times a day.
You can buy this off the shelf in the supermarket or chemist. It will be labelled as an insect bite cream so just check the ingredients.

hope it gets better soon

Thank you everyone, it is slowly starting to go down x

Latest posts

Back