Leg wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
I did a wax party this morning for a group of mummies. I haven't waxed them before. Most of them wanted 1/2 leg. It was really hard work. I wasn't getting good results. My wax wasn't doing the job properly. Most of them had dry skin and growing hair. I had to go over the legs twice and then again with tweezers. I checked wax temp..fine.
I'm thinking I should educate new clients ! Any tips.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm not very experienced myself but it could be the wax you're using, what brand is it?
:)

I use Berins Ease.

I did my best at the time but deep down I'm not happy with my result. Hopefully they will exfoliate regularly and if I wax them again I will have hairless results.

Was it your first group booking?x

Yes , I did 3x eyebrows wax shape , 1full leg , 1xbikini , 3x underarm , top lip and 3x1/2 leg . I used Berins blue and Ease.

Do you normally have any problems with Ease? Are you sure your wax was at the right temp? If their place was much cooler than your usual location then you need to take that into account with the heater setting...

Ingrown hairs are not something you can affect with your wax on the day - you can dig them out with a sterilised needle or tweezers but long term it's down to them to exfoliate and MOISTURISE :) The dry skin is a major factor in their ingrown hairs... If the skin is too dry it's too hard for the soft little hairs to push their way back through and they end up going along under the skin instead.

Get them to exfoliate and moisturise - it'll make a huge difference to the ingrowns - the wax not pulling the hairs out - could be room temp and your wax ending up not as hot as normal

If their skin was cool, combined with dry skin and ingrown hairs then yes this will cause big issues. Next time get either a towel or a mitt and vigorously rub their skin up and down to warm it up and loosen off dead skin. Then wax.

One of the salons I worked at for 9 years was absolutely freezing in the winter and I would often warm the clients legs up first if it was cold outside too. It really helps.

Make sure you educate them, recommend they use an exfoliating mitt and moisture and if it's particularly bad sell them some Ingrow Go, good for business and it's good for their partners facial ingrowns too:D

It's also important for them to understand that if they follow your after care and come back every 4 weeks that they wil end up with beautiful, hair free,moisturised skin.

Not to worry love, I have been having the same problem with a client & it was very frustrating! I have since upped the temp setting on the wax pot & bought a heater fan to make the room I work in warmer. I also have told my client to exfoliate & moisturize.

Thank you for your replies. I feel a lot better now I've read them. Issues like this just knocks my confidence. Another learning curve. Thank you friends x

Latest posts

Back