Legitimate distance learning ptlls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
(Or aet as it is now known).

Can anyone recommend me a company that they have completed an online ptlls course with? There are lots of companies out there and I want to be certain they are the real thing (for example some companies say you may get the qualification with city and guilds but it may be from another awarding body...the vagueness worries me).

So yeah, recommend me some online training providers please :)

Yes, I'd love to know this too - I have found many online courses but would actually prefer a college one, is this even possible?

If not, which is a recognised course please?

What is it for? What is ptlls?x

What is it for? What is ptlls?x
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training has now replaced the Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector (PTLLS) course and is the foundation level teaching qualification (QCF), it is the PTLLS course but the name of the couse has been changed by the regulating bodies.

This basically :)

I'm hoping to get a qualification to teach nails.

Oh okay thank you!
Sorry I can't help with this one x

so does the level 3 ed and learning provide you with the skill to become a trainer straight off or is further study required? I would love to one day teach beauty treatments.x

So for example, is the following legit?:

http://www.kingstraininguk.com/award-in-education-training-course.htm

It says the course can be done online with the microteach done in person and it says the awarding body is city and guilds. To check it is real I will give city and guilds a call next week :)

Doing the qualification at a college would rule out the uncertainty but for the sake of a theory based qualification, I can't justify paying twice as much to do it at a college if I don't have to.

Any feedback on this link will be much appreciated but either way I'll update yous on any further information if I get any.

I did PTLLS a few years ago at a local college.
It was over several weeks.....and I have to say, I really enjoyed it!
I feel I learned more by 'being there', as I could interact with the other students.
Food for thought?o_O

It comes down to money. I need the AET to get on the CET. I'd do the CET through college because I think that's best due to the depth of it. Tis possible to get a student loan to do CET so it's shopping around for AET (which I can't get a loan for) that I need to do.

I'm doing one through the smart assessor at the moment with the aim of accrediting my own short courses, I rang the guild first to check they would accept a certificate off them

I'm doing one through the smart assessor at the moment with the aim of accrediting my own short courses, I rang the guild first to check they would accept a certificate off them

Link please :)

Who is it accredited by pinknsparkly? X

This is my worry. I see lots of places saying they give the qualification but not clarifying which exam board it is from (city and guilds, ocr etc.) It makes me worried about doing a course where I'm paying for a certificate that isn't recognised.

Hi all,
Qualifications from any awarding body that have the same title ie, The level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) will be nationally accredited and you can confirm with the awarding bodies the company/college is registered to confirm this.

At IODT we offer the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. You will have access to the course for 3 months.

Regards

Julia

so does the level 3 ed and learning provide you with the skill to become a trainer straight off or is further study required? I would love to one day teach beauty treatments.x

It is the minimum qualification you need to deliver training/teaching in any setting...nails beauty, health & safety etc. It is for delivering training/teaching to learners age 16+. You can progress to the certificate and then to the diploma in order to achieve full teaching status .i.e a college tutor. In order to teach a subject, i.e beauty therapy - you must also have the relevant qualification within that subject, eg. NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy.

Done in a college the award usually takes 10-14 weeks. Online has the advantage that you usually attend an induction face to face to understand the course and grasp the theory, followed by completing the units online at home with the virtual support of an assessor and finishes with a micro teach classroom based session at a central location to accommodate everyone as many online learners are studying all over.

The online company I know charges £699 and the awarding body is City and Guilds. They deliver the theory based sessions and microteach in Crewe. They offer a flexi payment plan to spead the cost of the course to

I would be wary of any online companies who do not offer you face to face time with an assessor as its vital you meet and talk with them to understand the content. You will often be able to tell which these companies are as the price is extremely cheap. If it looks to good to be true it usually is!!

Gateway are now offering this as an online course with the micro teach done via Skype. They also offer payment by instalments.

It is the minimum qualification you need to deliver training/teaching in any setting...nails beauty, health & safety etc. It is for delivering training/teaching to learners age 16+. You can progress to the certificate and then to the diploma in order to achieve full teaching status .i.e a college tutor. In order to teach a subject, i.e beauty therapy - you must also have the relevant qualification within that subject, eg. NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy.

Done in a college the award usually takes 10-14 weeks. Online has the advantage that you usually attend an induction face to face to understand the course and grasp the theory, followed by completing the units online at home with the virtual support of an assessor and finishes with a micro teach classroom based session at a central location to accommodate everyone as many online learners are studying all over.

The online company I know charges £699 and the awarding body is City and Guilds. They deliver the theory based sessions and microteach in Crewe. They offer a flexi payment plan to spead the cost of the course to

I would be wary of any online companies who do not offer you face to face time with an assessor as its vital you meet and talk with them to understand the content. You will often be able to tell which these companies are as the price is extremely cheap. If it looks to good to be true it usually is!!

There are many awarding organisations that the L3 award can be offered through, for example in my company IODT we have run the program through Edxecel/Pearson, Aim Awards, and NCFE over the last 5 years and seen over a 1,000 learners. As a director of the company I know the margins we need to sustain our organisation and as such know how much we can charge for a program and pay tutors, our internal quality team and register learners. Price will vary based on the organisations and overheads like any other business model.
There have unfortunately been many companies who have taken learners money and failed to support learners but if you contact awarding organisations they can be of some assistance.
Find a learning model that suits you and allows you to progress and develop. Be realistic about your commitments and what you are able to afford and you should be on track to finding a decent organisation to study with.

As Cat-Lady rightly said you end up with the same bit of paper at the end

Latest posts

Back