Let's cut people some slack please ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i did give out a neg rep last week, & boy...
did i regret it, I appologised but the damage was already done.
Sometimes we (I) act a bit impulsively, something may touch a raw nerve, or maybe a geek got no sleep the previous night.
Not great excuses, but it jst goes to show that sometimes maybe we do or say things that we regret.
So Dearest GMG;
can we maybe get rid of the neg rep option, & have positive only?
As sometimes (2 or 3 times since i joined this site) my fingers have run away with me & the guilt & sadness caused is just poop.
Dont hate me, i'm only human (well kinda).
ps i'm actually a serial pos' repper, but sometimes...well u know x
PPS: I did leave my name though.

I'm with you on this one Karen - the other thing is that the mods will have their own issues to deal with at home - eg Sass is having a nightmare selling her house - do we really have to add to her stress level by being vindictive?

I haven't a clue who the culprits are but can I ask them to look at something positive instead of negative? it will make you feel so much better in the long run :hug:

Thanks hun, it's why I am invisible at the moment as I can't take any more aggro in my life right now.

Perhaps this should be made in to a sticky thread for a while, just to make sure this doesn't get buried.

For those who do happen to be a little over zealous with the neg rep button, you are not as anonymous as you think you are.

So come on guys, lighten up and lets be a team here, work together and show that we are professionals!:wink2:

So come on guys, lighten up and lets be a team here, work together and show that we are professionals!:wink2:

Brilliantly put, Jules. I've never negativley repped anyone, although I've been tempted.:lol:

I don't really see the point, as surely reporting a post would be more effective? If you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all. JMO.

I don't understand why reps are allowed to be anonymous, there must be a good reason - could a moderator tell us?

Maybe if they were not allowed to be anonymous, those giving them would think twice before saying some of the things that they do.

If you feel so strongly about something to give a neg. rep but for whatever reason choose not to air it on the site - why not just PM the person with your feelings? Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and we should all respect that we don't always all agree.

IMO allowing members the facility to post nasty comments without the author expanding on why they felt like they did must be totally frustrating.

Yes, it shows the posters up as being childish and smacks of the playground bully - but we all have our bad days and being able to respond and sort it out might calm things down - as long as you knew who to respond to!

definitely as others have said..make it impossible to bad rep without leaving your name!

well, i got neg-rep'd loads for a post i made a few weeks ago because i obviously rubbed a few people up the wrong way. All of the comments i received were nasty, obviously because they didn't agree with what i wrote.. i wonder, had they had to leave their name, would they have been prepared to say it?

and whatever they thought of my post (a) i've never been less than courteous to anyone on this site in the whole two years i've been on here so i think to be told no-one would, in future, answer my posts is a bit strong and childish, just because i expressed an opinion and (b) at least i don't hide behind an anomynous neg rep point when i have something to say.

so yea, i agree, you should have to leave your name and then it will be a whole lot more constructive, rather than just nasty.

well, i got neg-rep'd loads for a post i made a few weeks ago because i obviously rubbed a few people up the wrong way. All of the comments i received were nasty, obviously because they didn't agree with what i wrote.. i wonder, had they had to leave their name, would they have been prepared to say it?

and whatever they thought of my post (a) i've never been less than courteous to anyone on this site in the whole two years i've been on here so i think to be told no-one would, in future, answer my posts is a bit strong and childish, just because i expressed an opinion and (b) at least i don't hide behind an anomynous neg rep point when i have something to say.

so yea, i agree, you should have to leave your name and then it will be a whole lot more constructive, rather than just nasty.

Toni I have just checked your rep and I am appalled at some of the comments that have been left you. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.

Like I say two wrongs don't make a right. People often neg rep people for being outspoken on the site, or maybe a little more forthright than people might like ... but it is damned ironic that the comments that are sometimes made in the neg reps are far worse than anything said in the post they are negging ... but it's okay cos it's all done behind closed doors and no one can see you ... well actually we can AND WE'RE ONTO YOU. Pack it in unless you want a temporary ban.

http://www.salongeek.com/site-assistance/12870-reputation-whered-go.html?highlight=rep+gone

anyone remember this....can see it happening again if we ain't careful.

do a search on reps and you'll be amazed at all the threads on this...they all end the same way and they always crop back every now and then.

I think sassy needed to raise this point...very much, but lets all just make a pact now yeah...think before you rep...and no more moaning about rep....let the mods deal with it.

I think sassy needed to raise this point...very much, but lets all just make a pact now yeah...think before you rep...and no more moaning about rep....let the mods deal with it.

Go to the top of the class Angie! Great link too! Think I'll close this now - that always gets a thread read, so the point will be made even clearer!

HAPPY GEEKING GUYS N DOLLS :hug: :hug: :Grope:

The reason that reputation will stay anonymous is simple...
The Geek said:
The system is set up to allow users to 'safely' disagree with someones post without having to feel like they will suddenly become a victim for it. Forcing the name of the user that adjusted the reputation points to be viewed would result in no one ever leaving negative points! That would turn the system into an ego stroking add on for the site and defeat the whole purpose. There are MANY safeguards to protect people from abusing the system and I check the system from time to time to ensure that it is not being abused.
To read more click here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back