Let's share work tips and tricks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
There are so many fab and practical ideas on SG already but they do get a bit lost in the info.
There are also so many creative geeks here , so I bet there are a million ideas that are not bei g shared ?

I want to see what little ideas or items you utilize to make things Run smoothly at work.

It could be anything , even if it seems small to you it might be the solution to someone else's problems .

Maybe you have a fab thing you use for sorting your client cards ?

Or to hold your products in the car ?

Maybe you have found the perfect display case for your swavorskis ?

By enriching each other with ideas we can help improve the industry as a whole and help make our own life's run a touch smoother .

Lets share

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Here is one of mine , I bought this originally to put my lint free pads in ,
BUT it's so much better with my forms in it !

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379893326.571776.jpg

I like that, great idea.

This is my tools caddy (pencil holder) I love that my tools are all in one place, but have their own compartments! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379904081.733413.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379967750.885303.jpg

This one is one of my faves !

It's a simple pencil grip like the type for kids hand writing .

A lot of people (I for 1 ) do not hold pens correctly when writing , these triangle grips solve that whilest adding balance and control ,

You can switch it from brush to brush or buy a bunch and put them on off of your brushes ,

It helps with everything from painting nice steady lines , through to gel applications ! I love using it with gel,

I had a lot of success using a diffrent one with my L&P brush , I can't show you as I have no idea where that box is ! I'm still waiting to find it to unpack,

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379968248.052457.jpg

This is my tools caddy (pencil holder) I love that my tools are all in one place, but have their own compartments! View attachment 43566

Love this idea , where did you get the tin from? X

Yes I also need one where is it from.

I got it when I lived in Aussie (back in NZ now) was a shop that stocked all sorts, think it was called crazy Clark's.
pretty sure I only paid $4 AU each I have 2 the other is on my waxing trolley for all my spatulas etc... I've done a quick search on google and looks like they're hard to come by...

This would be fab for keeping your gel brush clean too when you put it down - it rests on the grip instead of the brush head x
View attachment 43676

This one is one of my faves !

It's a simple pencil grip like the type for kids hand writing .

A lot of people (I for 1 ) do not hold pens correctly when writing , these triangle grips solve that whilest adding balance and control ,

You can switch it from brush to brush or buy a bunch and put them on off of your brushes ,

It helps with everything from painting nice steady lines , through to gel applications ! I love using it with gel,

I had a lot of success using a diffrent one with my L&P brush , I can't show you as I have no idea where that box is ! I'm still waiting to find it to unpack,

View attachment 43683

If anyone has a great way of storing client cards I'd love to know it.

Mine are A4 size and I currently have them in an alphabetized concertina folder/box but I now have so many it's breaking! Help!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought myself some x2 magnifying specs from the local cheapie hardware store. They cost me a whole £1.79 and are cute white with polka dots. I don't usually wear reading glasses but I've found they help no end with close work and detail, nail art and application is soooo much better too. Plus no eye strain. X

I hope this thread grows as I'm loving it already! Must think if I have anything to share but I guess I'm still pretty new :/

If anyone has a great way of storing client cards I'd love to know it.

Mine are A4 size and I currently have them in an alphabetized concertina folder/box but I now have so many it's breaking! Help!

I just have mine in document wallets in a large lever arch folder in alphabetical order. Any clients who aren't "regular" and haven't been to me for 4months+ go into a separate folder in my store area, so they're at hand should they come again (as well as the fact we need to keep them for x amount of time) but not taking up room in my main folder

This one was from geeg - when practising, make a sausage type finger shape from blue tack, and press a nail tip on. It's cheap, it will stick to desk so it won't move, and the blue tack also acts as your side walls, so you have to be neat :)
I'm sure if u asked her she can explain it better than me I'm rubbish at this lol x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I just have mine in document wallets in a large lever arch folder in alphabetical order. Any clients who aren't "regular" and haven't been to me for 4months+ go into a separate folder in my store area, so they're at hand should they come again (as well as the fact we need to keep them for x amount of time) but not taking up room in my main folder

Thats a great idea...then you can also pop their nail file in the wallet too!

Thats a great idea...then you can also pop their nail file in the wallet too!

Exactly what I do :)

Why did I not think of that! So simple! Looks like I need to get reorganising.

This one was from geeg - when practising, make a sausage type finger shape from blue tack, and press a nail tip on. It's cheap, it will stick to desk so it won't move, and the blue tack also acts as your side walls, so you have to be neat :)
I'm sure if u asked her she can explain it better than me I'm rubbish at this lol x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I did this too, but with play doh. Fantastic to help you get good polishing skills. Would recommend it to everyone.

Latest posts

Back