Level 3 advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm doing my Level 3 NVQ and have been for 8 months. I have completed nothing so far. After repeatedly asking when will I start doing units, is there any coursework I can do to get out the way etc. I was informed I wasn't even signed up for it!
After signing up, the training provider told me I should've completed 3 units by now (this was 1 month ago) and still haven't even done health and safety!
I have spoken to my trainer and managers about this on numerous occasions and feel like I'm getting nowhere. I feel unhappy and am feeling disheartened.

Can anyone tell me what I should've done by now with my level 3? Or any advice on how to push this along and get the ball rolling once and for all?

Thankyou

That's awful, maybe you should go elsewhere with you being 8 months in you don't want to just be passed off and leave not being fully confident or qualified really ?!

Are you doing it in a college? I have been fast tracked onto level 3 because i did half my level 2 one year and finished it this September! But most girls are nearly finished or half way through already and that's in one term! 8months is a long time to have completed nothing! though I have been workin with the level 3s for a few weeks during work experience only started actual level 3 work 3 weeks ago and I have already passed an assessment, passed an exam and done all the ground work for a photo shoot which completes one unit

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Thanks for the replies, I am currently in a salon doing an apprenticeship. Unfortunately moving salons is not an option as I am 19 and would have to pay to do an apprenticeship if I leave. It's such a shame as I was very passionate about hairdressing and thought being in a salon environment would've been better for me as being at college doing my level 2 wasn't great. I completed my level 2 within a year at college, am I just being impatient because of this??

No cos 8 months is taking the pee Hun! They are using you for cheap labour if you ask me

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I don't know what to do. Every time I speak to my managers they seem to bury their heads and not address the problems I bring up. I feel like I should finish what I start but I'm struggling when I'm losing interest in hairdressing.

Thanks for the advice x

If you complete the level 3 though and you actual don't feel level 3 qualified and decide you need to do it again, you will have to pay for that.. It's awful that they are letting you down like this, have you spoke to both the salon manager and the college tutors??

Thats awful! I am also 8 months through an NVQ Level 3 and almost complete! I would suggest looking for another college to study at, check some reviews on the college or try and speak to former students. Good luck x

What are they getting you to do in the salon? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in a salon so I have spoken to my trainer and my managers on numerous occasions and nothing ever gets done about it, the most recent chat with my managers was about my trainer and doubts I had about my level 3 and nobody has done anything about it.
I chose a salon as I couldn't afford to do the college course but looks like it would've been a better option! X

Ahh right I misunderstood I thought you was in both college and a salon.. Hmmm that doesn't seem right. What duties do you carry out in the salon and how often are u having to work?

I do all the housekeeping, washing clients hair, etc Ted. I do have my training days and try to make the most of them. I am competent with colouring, but the salon have shown me a different way of cutting they would prefer me to use and I am struggling to adjust to this as I've been doing it a different way for over a year! X

I'd definitely look into a college as well hun. Sounds like they are taking advantage. Do not let it knock your confidence. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They don't seem the best for you babe I say you look for a college course, don't let it put you off hairdressing, stick at it, it's all worth it xx

Latest posts

Back