Level 3 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortunexox

Reaction score
Hi all some advice on what i need to do,

I am fully qualified at level two hairdressing, i then completed all my level three practical but didn't have them signed off because i had to leave very quickly as i was diagnosed with the big 'c' and im passionate and committed to hairdressing and would love to complete it, however i have heard that funding for over 24 year olds is being stopped soon and with the circumstances of it not being my fault that i had to stop mid way through would i be able to to just carry on or would i be able to still have this funded?

Thanks for reading x

Well first off congratulations on your recovery. I hope it stays that way and you're soon given the all clear!

Regards your Level 3, if you have been formatively assessed on a few occasions I would imagine that you could pick up where you left off and get summatively assessed rather quickly. You could approach your previous training provider with a view to finishing your qualification with them and I'm sure they would like to pick it up again as it means they would get the balloon payment at the end when you finish.

If that's not a goer, approach your local FE college or perhaps arrange to be assessed while in employment.

It shouldn't be a problem for you to finish the qualification.

:)

Thankyou so much for the reply, and pleased to say its all gone now :)

I returned to work in april, all is going well :) just really want to finish it will probably be college as i was trained by the company i was employed with and they terminated my employment so thats a no go lol but thanks for the reply x

I see you're in Chester?

Get in touch with these guys ... http://www.totalpeople.co.uk/ and they will probably come out to your workplace to assess you. It might cost a couple of hundred quid (worst case scenario) if there is limited funding but you will be able to finish your level 3 and be done with it. They usually come out every couple of weeks, or will suggest a nearby training Center whom they collaborate with and get you signed up that way.

All the best!

Yes in chester and thankyou for taking the time to give me some advice! Really appreciate it x

Just also wanted to say a huge congratulations for overcoming everything. I wish you all the best and all the luck.

Totally agree with what has been said and due to circumstances beyond control I am sure that you will be able to be assessed on what you have already achieved and you should be able to get further assistance and help with how you should go about this with your local college. I know that from the age of 25 everything especially financial implications change where education is concerned, but I am positive that something can be done to help you out.

Well done on going back to work in April, and also if your employment was terminated due to ill health, could this be another matter where you could gain some kind of compensation???

Well Done!!!

Thank you, thought about going down that legal route but their a well known company who will be backed by a really top legal team, so just thought i have my health im back doing what i love so why drag up the past, want to move on now :) and hope something can be done with level three :) x

Thank you, thought about going down that legal route but their a well known company who will be backed by a really top legal team, so just thought i have my health im back doing what i love so why drag up the past, want to move on now :) and hope something can be done with level three :) x

And I am sure you can get level 3 done :D Well Done on everything and that is a very good attitude to have as well! :D

Latest posts

Back