Level 3 to a cool 7

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky lou

Reaction score
I've got a client who's a level 3 naturally. She has about 2" re growth then colour on the rest (a warm 3).

She wants a complete change we're aiming for 7 all over with some fine bleach foils through. She knows this will be a work in progress.

I'm going to bleach bath first then foil and flood.

What colour do you think would be best for the roots? In thinking 7.1 & 12% but do you think that'd be enough ash? My colour range does a .11 do you think that'd be better?

I don't think lifting 4 levels with a tint would really give an ash result, and 1/ash only dulls down the tone you need to counteract the tone not dull it

You won't be able to lift from a 3 to a cool 7 with tint. You may be able to try a high lift+tone but even then you're going to be battling some serious orange.

Perhaps you could soften her base a few shades and then do a heavy highlight? You'll have much more control over the tone and she won't look like a skunk in 2 weeks :)

I would cleanse the hair first then just play it by ear. You can predict want you are going to use until you have lifted all that old colour out.

When you say a 7/1, do you mean she would want to look like a 7/1 swatch?

I would say this is majorly hard to achieve.

Goldwell do neutralights which give 4 levels of lift without brassiness.

7/1 would look like a 7 copper.

With a level 3 hair naturally she must be dark skinned or oriental? What's the texture like?

I would cleanse the hair first then just play it by ear. You can predict want you are going to use until you have lifted all that old colour out.

When you say a 7/1, do you mean she would want to look like a 7/1 swatch?

I would say this is majorly hard to achieve.

Goldwell do neutralights which give 4 levels of lift without brassiness.

7/1 would look like a 7 copper.

With a level 3 hair naturally she must be dark skinned or oriental? What's the texture like?

Her dads from Kuwait that's where the dark comes from, but her mums white/english so her hair has the Asian colour, but European texture.

She hasn't picked 7.1 swatch, but we just don't want the overall look too warm.

I'm thinking more about future appointments when I'm just doing re-growth

Do you use Clynol?

Also I would use what you used last time on her roots to avoid banding.

I have just started using NAK in australia they have a product called joker which boosts the highlifts.. is there something like that your way? Personally I would bleach bath the midlenghts and ends and then use a tint to lift the regrowth I would also use the double ash... :)

Latest posts

Back