licence for beauty therapy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
hiya

i was told today by some beauty therapists that you need a licence to perform all beauty treatments including massage, manicure, pedicure, nail extensions etc.

has anyone else heard of this?

apparantly it has already happened in central london but i cant seem to find any information on it. does anyone else in london or any other city have this licence or have heard of it?

No idea hun but you might do better to get in touch with some one at habia, they will know the answer :hug:

In the London borough I live in you need a licence from the council to operate either in a salon or at home. Mobile you don't need one. I think it's about £200-250 a year.

I personally would like to get a space to rent somewhere rather than being mobile but I know I need to increase my client base before doing that as this will be another cost involved.

Call your local council and ask them.

Hi,

It may also be to do wih the fact that you will need a licence to perform certain treatments such as ear piercing. It is best to contact your local authority about this.

Latest posts

Back