Lifted enhancement, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I did a set of gels on my friend 3 days ago and last night she tripped up the stairs and caught one nail rom underneath forcing it upwards. The nail is still on but she said there was some pus and she can see a gap under the gel where it's lifted.

I did something similar to myself a few weeks ago and had some fantastic advice from Gigi to reinforce the enhancement which would act as a bandage and hel underneath. I've just spoken to her and she says it feels fine and doesn't need me to look at it. I just wondered if any of you have come across this before and whether you would leave the nail on to protect it as it's feeling tender, or remove it as I'm concerned about the bubble that's formed.

Many thanks

Well here I am again!! :)

If it is not bothering her, then I would not advise soaking off the nail enhancement. For one thing it will hurt like hell if there is any open wound.
I would bind it tight with a plaster for a couple of days while it knits together. If it doesn't hurt, then best to leave alone until you can have a good look at it and repair any damage if there is any, to the enhancement.

She probably just tore the hyponychium -- it hurts -- but she'll live! It amazes me how many people do this tripping up the stairs thing and pulverise their nails! :eek:

Many thanks Gigi, and for answering so quickly as well. I have passed on the advice and will keep a close eye on this over the next few days.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back