Lifting after ten days???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamper yourself

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Question. All my models have been having lifting from 10 days on. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Tomorrow morning I have another practice and I want to make sure I do a better job.

I remove the cuticle and buff away the shine of the natural nail.
I leave a clear space around the proximal and lateral nail folds.
I was thinking of using a nail dehydrator. Do you think it will help?

I'm really going to concentrate on my prep tomorrow to make sure I'm not making any mistakes. But any thoughts and hints will really help.

Could it be that I'm not applying the bond well enough? The instructress said to apply the bond like polish, but the last set I did I tried Gigi's method and still had lifting and breaks after 10 days.

Could I be filing the sides too thin cuz it normally happens on the lateral folds first?

Argh! It's hard to figure where your going wrong. Pls let me have your opinions. I'll try everything you say tomorrow and see how these last.

Mainly I'm worried because I have a couple of new clients in the next 2 weeks and I would really like to solve this problem by then. I'd hate for them to call me saying hey my nails came off today after only 10 days. :eek::o :cry:

Sorry this is long. Thanks for any advice. :green:

my daughter was having the same problems and went to use the dydrating stuff and it worked wonderful plus the bonding. She did mine about 11 days ago and 0 problems and my hands are in lots of water. Moved furniture this week and look like they were just done.

Thanks Beth I hope it does help. The new clients work at a hotel and know a lot of people so it would be good business to make sure I get their nails perfect. Still a bit worried though :( Won't know till I try.

Btw are your nails gel or acrylic?

They are gel NSI. I just seen a lady today with NSI gel overlay that works at a hotel over week old and look new. My daughter did mine a week ago Monday and look great. She was using a different brand before and they came off or lifted within days. I know my daughter is in training and her trainer gave personal notes step by step. And she follows it as if it was a bible. BUT it works, she wishs she had a photographic memory.:green:

Thanks yet again for your reply. :)

I had my practice today and my instructress told me to be carefull about filing the side walls as I was making them too thin :rolleyes: I thought this might be the problem. I don't like thick fake looking enhancements so if this is how the gel has to be applied to stay on I will definately be changing my gels in the future. In the meantime I'll work with this gel as instructed and get all my certificates and exams.

Also she recommended I use a dehydrator and primer to help with a stronger bond for my mom clients. I have another set tomorrow and another on friday,so I'll be trying them both to see how this helps.

Again many thanks. If anyone thinks that using the extra products is not necessary or is a good idea, pls let me know.

Latest posts

Back