Lifting on one client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty1985

Reaction score
hi there i would really appreciate some advice ive been doing nails for 9 years now but i have just started doing nails in a new nail bar and had a new client who had a full set of gel nails she came back 3 weeks later for infills and she had lifting on the middle and ring finger on both hands (unsure why this happened but i kind of questioned my prep and application ) so i filed away the lifted area and then did my usual prep and application which all looked as they should do. shes contacted me this week ( which is a week after the infills) to say there lifting on the same fingers again ??? i just dont understand it and why this is happening :irked: i want to get to the bottom of this as i dont want to loose a client and i want her to be happy with her nails, has anyone else come across this and what could it be ??
9 years of doing nails and i have never come across this before apart from one client who was on thyroid medication ( where all the nails lifted) but this client isnt on any medication and it is only on those 2 nails on each hand and doesnt have any known medical condition.

also she said where she used to get them done before they only used a sanding block over the gel before infilling and didnt use any file to blend the outgrown gel :irked: but the way i was trained is to use the file as you have to rebalance the gel and dont understand how any technician can do a correct set of infills by just using a sanding block but she seems to think thats why they are liftng because i used a file ????
when she first came to me she had booked in for infills but they was in such a mess every nail was lifting and even lifting from the free edge :eek: and cracked gel so i applied a full set there was no way i could of rebalanced them..... so im not sure if its something she is using or doing or what but she seems to think where she had them done before they was better but when she came to me on the first appointment they was in an awful state.

sorry for going on i just wanted to provide you with as much information as possible for hope that someone can give me a bit of advice .

Maybe shes a picker and fiddler.

that could be the case but shes saying its something im doing :irked:

Very bad advise but if shes telling you its something your doing then i'd be tempted to tell her to go back to her old technician if that's the case :)

Why did she leave her last technician anyway?

sorry for late reply ... its a hard one as its the salon owners best friend so it difficult to say go bk to where you used to if your not happy .... thats why shes come to me because its her friends salon .

Latest posts

Back