Lifting Shellac on a long time client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Lisamarie
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wanted to throw my issue out to see if anyone can help

I have an elderly client who has had shellac religiously every two weeks since the launch. Always a french, never different.

She has loved them since the start and never seemed to have any lifting or chipping at all. The odd broken nail but she is a very good client and knew exactly when she had done it.

The last two weeks I have gone she has has lifting and I mean like 3/4 of most of them had lifting from the bottom.

This lady is a very self disciplined old lady who never does ANYTHING without wearing gloves, always solar oils, uses hand cream etc. She only poddles about her house, doest do many activities.

In order to try and stop it I did the following things:

- Made sure to stick to dry prep (had previously done wet)
- Took extra scrub fresh time
- Made the nails nice and short
- Used the same bottles of product on my own nails to make sure it wasnt a dodgy base or something
- Shook the bottles more than usual
- Applied thinner than usual

And still none of it worked. She has a set on now that I will see the results in a couple of weeks.

Shes had no changes to medication and she is way past the age to get hormonal surges.

Am I missing something or is her body chemistry just not playing ball anymore? If so would bit of nailfresh make any difference to matters?

Looks like you have covered everything, sometimes things just happen and you never get to the bottom of it. You'll probably find her next set will be fine, as I said sometimes it just happens. :hug:

wonder if its the handcream? Has she used a different one? I was told that as shellac was porous not any old oil would agree with it and I guess the same would be said for handcream? I bet Gigi would have the answer? kx

Are your bulbs coming up for renewal, that can play a big part in shellac issues... Just a thought?
Jen xxx

Thanks for the replies ladies. I know im a bit late replying. I dont think the bulbs are out, I havent used the lamp nearly enough that they would be I dont think.

Im gonna have to see what happens at the next appointment and go from there. I had just wondered if I was missing something stupidly easy that I wasnt noticing.

I had considered adding a quick swoosh of nailfresh to the nail first as you would on a client who has lifting with L&P but have never tried it with shellac

Latest posts

Back