Lifting Wella Color

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtickledpink

Reaction score
Today I had a client who had her blonde hair colored to a 33/0 underneath. I first tried to lift it with 30 vol....got to a very beautiful vibrant red actually, and then I didn't think it was strong enough so I did 40 vol and it didn't lighten up at all. This 33/0 is a very dark brown but I don't remember having this much trouble lifting color like this before.

What should I have done?

Ps. She loved the red and stayed with it anyway lol. :o

It depends on how long ago she's had the 33/0 put on her hair and also if there's a big build up of colour! When lifting from that dark to blonde (If thats how light you were trying to lift it) It's deffo worth doing it a bit at a time (Couple of shades lighter a month - making sure your client keeps her hair in good condition between appointments!
Hope this helped a little
Sophie xx
P.S. It's better for the condition if you do more applications with a lower peroxide rather than a high peroxide to try and lift it all out straight away! Head and sholders shampoo is also great for lifting colour out!!
xx

Hi, I am gathering you lifted it with bleach first .....

on dark haired build up ....I would reccomend test peices all the way so you can be sure of what is achievable .... condition wise and lift wise ....

to get dark stained tinted build up out of hair slow bleaching with 6% is usually plenty strong enough ,
I personally start off with 3% and work up to 6% as sometimes it can lift really quick depending on how much build up is present,

sometimes even bleach cannot lift it past a certain point ,
you did well to get it to lift to what you did ,
but 12% on hair which has been lightened then coloured dark .... is too fast and too strong and will just blow the cuticle open causing possible damage and fading problems when tint is re applied :) hth minky

Latest posts

Back