Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varley1

Reaction score
Hiya geeks please could someone advise how I can stop the acrylic from lifting at the sides? I'm just starting out and don't want to do clients till I solve the problem!!

Thank u
Sam x

Prep properly using a cuticle remover to help get rid of any cuticle (non living tissue) from the surface of the nail. Gently slide your pusher down to the cuticle and then remove the shine with one stroke of the file from cuticle to free edge. If you're prepping right it won't lift.

There are lots of sticky threads on here about this sort of thing. A good start is to have a look at gigi's sticky thread at the top of this forum. It will point u in the right place.

Hi, also, dont let the product touch the skin as that causes lifting too.

I agree with the above.. Good thorough prep is key! You want to make sure that the nail plate has all the non living tissue removed and its shine. Make sure you ratio is correct and that when you apply it your not touching any skin around the nail plate. Also take into consideration if your applying it to thick or thin.

Are you qualified or are you just starting out as a student?

Dont worry you will get the hang of it soon :)

Thanks for your replys!

I have done sone courses in march and just doing family and friends everything else seems to be fine they last 2-3 weeks and they are happy with them it's just they start to lift at the sides and go a cloudy colour!! I think I may be getting the consistency wrong because sometimes it runs onto the skin!!

If its running you're probably working too wet. Rather than try to explain have a look at the Young Nails videos on you tube there is one on consistancy that will help you. Also google Nail Angel videos from Nsi plenty on there as well.hth x

Latest posts

Back