Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do-it-all Deb

Reaction score
Hiya folks

long time no see, but this is just a quickie. Apologies that I may find the answer in existing threads but to be honest I haven't got time to search. Will explain all in chit chat another time!

I have a client coming in a couple of weeks that wants nice nails for her holiday. However she goes diving for her hols. I use Calgel and having done a set for her they lifted after a week or so. She has had other techs do acrylic sets but she has the same problem. I had to remove the last acrylic set done elsewhere - after 10 days the damage was awful.

Now when I started having nails put on I had troubles with all systems - no matter what anyone did - including some very good techs, I always had lifting within about 10 days. Always had to be prepared to do my own maintenance wherever I was. So the question is do some people have "oily" nails no matter what? Is there anything special one can do to prevent this or are some people more suited than others to "nails"?

A search would help tons when you have the time for it. Try a superprep. Dehydrate twice, prime twice. Make sure you really scrub with the dehydrate... best of luck.
Edited to add: Prep one hand, apply L&P, prep the other, apply L&P. If there is such a thing as oily nail beds, this should prevent the oils coming back onto the nail plate before you get a chance to apply the L&P.

Have had this twice and posted about it too.

My best advice is this and it worked for me even though I was told clients will never have a sucessful set. (even an mma set didn't stay on these clients!!)

do all cuticle work and tidy free edge etc. Get client to wash hands and dry thoroughly. (get all the remover, dust, everything with a good cleanser - I use citus soak). Also these clients tend to have sweaty hands so this will cool them down a bit.

Then I literally do one nail at a time. Nail fresh, scrub fresh apply product. Next nail nail fresh scrub fresh apply product and so on and so on. Even five nail prep is not good enough in this case.

One nails are on just the tiniest drop of oil buffed into the enhancement only. I dont recommend oil everyday in this instance either as they don't normally need it to be honest.

Then 2 week appointments.

Once you get the initial set to adhere (which takes a little bit longer) then your away.

Worked for me.

hth.

Thanks for these replies - just one quickie - does this prep apply equally to gel nails as this is the system I would use as opposed to L&P?

I use Calgel which obviously has different prep solutions - I do have scrubfresh etc but have never yet mixed products from different companies - don't have enough experience to know how sacred that is. The companies generally say this is a no no which is understandable with certain stages of the process but with prep?

Try it with the Calgel dehydrator, Calcleanse???(sorry I can't remember)

Use the products you have been using for prep... scrubfresh can be used with any system or product as you are using it for prep... it kills off the bacteria on the nail plate thoroughly. You use as you would nvr removing red polish.
I also use gel so what you do is prep the nail pop on your bonder layer and then freeze cure 10 secs onto next blah blah. hth. It does take longer of course, but once these are on they are on. maintenance will also take a tad longer but get into a good routine... and it's not all your clients is it. xx perhaps they will appreciate your patience and reward you!! xx

Latest posts

Back