Light Elegance Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
I have a few questions for any techs using light elegance gels.
I heard on the grapevine about a nail tech closing her salon because her husband had transferred jobs and they were moving. I went to see her and bought a carton of light elegance products. (Which is the gels I use and which she assured me were not old) Well I finally unpacked it today and there is a product in there called 'Fiber'. Can anyone tell me what it is used for? I tried it out tonight and it's a fairly dense gel that I thought maybe could be a builder. Also there are bottles of a gel called 'Finishing' Not sure what this is for either. Neither of them are mentioned in my product booklet. I have searched the net and came up with nothing.
One more, Does Light Elegance do a coverage pink gel and if they do is it natural looking?
Thanks in Advance
Karen

Thanks for that. They are my usual suppliers ( and brilliant I might add) and I felt a bit bad about phoning them to ask about a product that they hadn't supplied if you know what I mean. Light Elegance is the gels range that I have always used but these products are not listed in their product description brochure.
Cheers
Karen

Light Elegance is a good gel, although a little faffy fo me (too many steps).
It does stand the test of time though. Gotta love a bargain though.
I'm sure your supplier will help you out with questions if they are interested in feedback and future orders.

Hi Nailzoo Thanks for that. Its looking like I will have to ask my usual supplier. btw Do you use gel as well as L & P I have watched a lot of your vids (lerv em) and I can't remember seeing a gel one. If so, can you recommend a good gel system to me. Or one that you know of other that other techs use and like. I love the LE but I'm willing to try something new ( when I use up current supply, of course)
Cheers
Karen

Hi The reason that Fiber and Finisher are not mentioned in catalogues any more is because they are discontinued products . The fiber was stopped at least a year ago and also the finisher .

Fiber is a good strong gel which is self levelling and contains 'fiberglass' for extra strength . Finisher is as is says a finishing gel . This has been replaced by our Super Shiny and Top Gloss.

You use the finisher as your final top coat .

Yes Light Elegance do a fab pink 1 Step gel . It is opaque and great for hiding small imperfections in the natural nails and gives the nails a lovely 'healthy 'glow.

Nailzoo not sure why you think LE is too 'faffy' . I have use loads of gels in the past and to my mind Light Elegance has the balance right . You have your bulding gels BUT you also have self levelling gels . What more could you want :)

Karen

many many moons ago, I was the first to teach light elegance
East Coast Nail Company was the first to use it in Aus ........
gaaawd that makes me feel old.

They used to give a great instruction leaflet, it's just a matter of layers, ..
bonder, builder, bollocks .... and practice.

Many think gel is easier :) it's way too faffy for me.

Doing one nail wastes heaps of time. Bond cure, build, cure, layer, cure.... blah blah blah, i've seen the light .... and it ain't UV.

Sorry, i don't mean to be cynical :), but i'm really in acrylic boy.

I'm sure you will get great results.

Many even give instuctions on ebay these days

Aha! Thanks for that. As I was beginning to suspect, I have been had. The lady told me that it was her most recent stock I was buying. Do these products have a best before date? One of these days I will learn not to believe everything I am told. lol I did realise there was a one step pink but I didn't realise it was opaque. I must order now.
Many Thanks for that
Cheers
Karen

If you open the pot of Fiber and the consitency looks ok . ( Fiber will be fairly 'loose ' and will be a bit gritty ) then you will be fine to use it . Sometimes the Finisher can look a bit dull which is why it was discontinued and was replaced by the Super Shiny which is GREAT

Oh am I am a GEL girl through and through. Easier to file , more natural looking , no horrid smell blah blah blah :). Even with 'faffing' I still do full set in 1 hour

Hope this helps

Karen

Last edited:
you re better off to speak to the distributor here, google some info,
Light Elegance is a reputable company and they will want you to attain the best results/standards, give them a call.
The trouble is, they have such basic packaging, it is east to copy.

Hi ,

Yes Nailzoo I agree with you completely Light Elegance is a reputable company and will want you to get the best results .

As the UK distributor for the past 7 years I am more than qualified to give advice :)

Chow

Hi ,

Yes Nailzoo I agree with you completely Light Elegance is a reputable company and will want you to get the best results .

As the UK distributor for the past 7 years I am more than qualified to give advice :)

Chow

So give her the advice she needs ....., this is a help site, we'd all appreciate seeing it.

I did Light Elegance about 12 years ago and if I had up to date knowledge I would readily give it, post a step by step (we can all learn from it). The lamp used, the brush used, etc.....

Post some pics of your own results/work and some advice, it always good to see from a distributor :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back