Lightener to hi lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your dream

Reaction score
Today I had a client that had been having whole head bleach for a while in another salon. She wanted to move away from lightener/bleach to a hi lift tint. I explained her regrowth of 1 inch would not be as light as the ends as you can only get that level with lightener. She was happy with this

I used Goldwell 11n with 30vol as her roots were quite dark. After 12 minutes I had to wash it off as even though I was very careful not to overlap onto bleach, parts started to go ash. Has anyone else had this happen?

I Colour corrected the bits that started to turn ashy. Client was very very happy once I had finished and has rebooked her next appointment with me.

I just keep going over it in my head. Was 30 vol too high was there too much grey. Think I should have put a little 11g into 11n mix as a safe guard from ash. But her ends were very light and I did not want regrowth to be too noticeable. Grrrrr
Just wish I was as happy as client was!

Hi!

I've had this recently with a client wanting to go from bleach to high lift, to tone it all down you can Either move to highlights and a full head tint to soften the overall look and then slowly drop the bleach, or you can high lift the roots and then tone/colour the ends to match through to even out the difference.

I'm new to Goldwell and usually use Wella so I'm just curious, with the high lift on a darker base we use 12% does Goldwell suggest using 9% with their high lifts?

With the tone grabbing it's inevitable with even the slightest of overlap, so don't beat yourself up over it, but you could perhaps use a conditioner as a barrier on the blonde whilst you high lift the roots, I'm sure that's frowned upon by some but I saw it used on a lady with breakage from bleach but wanted to remain bleach blonde all over, the stylist used conditioner as a barrier to protect the ends to some degree, this was like 5 years ago though so I'm sure someone else will have a better suggestion for that!

The client had a sensitive scalp when last person bleached her head she ended up with sores on her scalp. I was nervous about using 30vol but all ok there. Colour was nice it was just too dark on regrowth but client happy.

You could try using blonding cream on its own with 9% or 12% then use a toner is too gold

I'm not to keen on goldwell highlifts, I recently did the same transition with a client from lightened to high lift tint and used wella illumina 10/ with 40vol result was a brilliant match!!

I'm not to keen on goldwell highlifts, I recently did the same transition with a client from lightened to high lift tint and used wella illumina 10/ with 40vol result was a brilliant match!!

You got it up to a clean bleached looking 10 with 10/? [emoji33][emoji33]

You got it up to a clean bleached looking 10 with 10/? [emoji33][emoji33]
Yep I was surprised to lol!! Completely matched, and it was only left on for 30 mins rather than 30-40 on a base 6

Nope, I was going to run the 10/ through the mids/ends as a toner after but there wasn't need... Illumina blondes truly are beautiful, I'm going to start using it on the hair systems to I think

Nope, I was going to run the 10/ through the mids/ends as a toner after but there wasn't need... Illumina blondes truly are beautiful, I'm going to start using it on the hair systems to I think

I know i love illumina.

Just curious, do you source the hair yourself for the hair systems you make?

I know i love illumina.

Just curious, do you source the hair yourself for the hair systems you make?

Yes for most parts of the systems I source myself, the parts I ventilate, and also the more expensive systems where I use pure Russian hair, some cheaper systems I use AngelsLocks hair, but the hair that I source myself I also do the colour work

Yes for most parts of the systems I source myself, the parts I ventilate, and also the more expensive systems where I use pure Russian hair, some cheaper systems I use AngelsLocks hair, but the hair that I source myself I also do the colour work

Did it take a lot of looking around and stuff to find a good supplier to source the hair from?

Yes took years of trial and error lol

I might have to try the illumina 10/ on myself

Yes took years of trial and error lol

I can imagine! It must be hard finding a true supplier because so many places get hair from india and take it back to the country its supposed to be from and flog it as genuine

Where do you get your most exp hair from xx

Latest posts

Back