Lightening colour on level 4

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi
Was thinking about maybe changing the way my hair is done by way of all over colour?, then having the highlights if this makes sense.
Not too sure if anyone could recommend any colours as basically im a level 4 and it does kick out the warmth. I hate to see my dark hair underneath and have foiled highlights weaved all over every other visit, as I have back to back slices on the top and just have the top done every time. Basically its still so dark underneath and I want lighter more blonde, as im not too into colour these days as only have a few clients can a more experienced colourist on here advise me, is this something that is done in salons these days or just keep up with the weaved highlights.? I currently have the slices on top back to back using magma 89+ which is a blonde (quite light) and Wella 12/11 which gives a contrast this comes out a light caramel shade on my hair. Basically Id prefer not to see any dark hair especially when i put it up now its a bit longer, I know as Im so dark it may be a bit tricky cos I know all over bleaching prob would look awful as I would still like to have the top the same. I hope someone knows what im on about and can suggest something? Cheers

when i do an all over blonde on someone with dark hair, my fave is mixin 12/1 with 12/89 in 12% for the all over with bleached foils all over. . this is uuber nice. . but that jus my fave haha xx

depends on wethrt or not you can still use 12% on the scalp , i used to have hi lift with 18 % ( but im an 8 ) but i think now they only recommmend 9 % onn the scalp - but if your willing to take the risk -most people will be fine. but it will still trough up warmth and the further you lift it the more warm it will be . you could always try to get it to a 6 or 7 with bleach foils going thru it.

yes I am wondering about trying to lift it to a 12, as I have the 12/11 in slices and its still fairly warm. Maybe I may try and get it lighter by a few shades to a 7/8. I may try a test piece and see whether 12/11 plus a bit of a mixtone would bring it to a less warm tone. Any other suggestions or experiences on the colour i could try I obviously would do a test piece before getting my hairdresser to do it all over. I am wondering whether its a silly idea as I am so dark!!
Thanks for your help scottydolly, but am thinking it just would be too gold still on my base.

thats ok haha. . i forgot u was warm DUH haha, it will be big upkeep huh, but no more really than the foils. . what bout liftin it to a ten then. . and i use 12 on the scalp lots hahaha. . aye not bleach but tint.. . but positive result can be found with liftin with 10/1 and 10.8 and 10.16. . all warmth neutralising shades. . . mabye this wudnt give enuff lift. . . but in 12% it wud give it a kick. . x

Thanks for the suggestions I feel a few test pieces coming!!

Latest posts

Back