Lightening natural red head

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailskay

Reaction score
My client is a 7 bright copper redhead. Virgin hair.wanted few lighter pieces popped in.i used to 10/8 9% 12/89 12% and blond or powder 6% 40mins and only colour you could see was the bleach,any advice for making other lighter tones without bleach or is It that I'll have to lift then tone

I always find it easier to lift and tone on natural red heads, whenever I've used highlift or anything else it's been really subtle or its not shown

Funnily enough, I recently had an email from Aston & Fincher advertising Framesi 'Irish blondes'.

This is the advert wording...

IRISH
Natural Irish Blonde and Burning Irish Blonde are the warm nuances giving intense
luminosity to the Country Class proposals. (Not sure what that's meant to mean???)
The truly natural result is their strongpoint.

- NATURAL IRISH BLONDE 7.635
- BURNING IRISH BLONDE 8.365

I'm was a bit o_O with the advert as I live in Ireland now and wondered what an Irish blonde is meant to look like other than some version of strawberry blonde, I guess? :p

I'm wondering if this new range is aimed at natural redheads? In which case, it might be worth looking at the framesi product range?

However, in my experience over here, red hair can be tricky to lift so I'd normally bleach and then tone, rather than use tint.

As a red head myself.....Bleach then tone.:)

I'm a red head. I've never found tint works on my hair. Bleach...wait a long time... then tone of you need to. I prefer my highlights more strawberry blond/yellow as it looks natural and really good against the red hair but that's my personal preference. Bleach with 6% takes a long time so I would often go to 9% or, because it was my own hair sometimes 12% but I would never do bleach and 12% on someone else's hair as it's too drying and the lift is less even, I would sit it out and wait. If it's just a few pieces on the ends I don't tone, a whole head of highlights on a red-head that look yellowy should be toned IMO....

Latest posts

Back