Root drag help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a client who is a natural base 7 that we’ve been lifting gradually with full head of highlights then root smudge of 7/0.
She now wants to go for more of a lighter warmer caramel colour on the roots smudged into a lighter toner as she likes the blonde on the ends. My question is shall I go in with 10/0 9% or 12/0 and 12%? Also do you think it would be even if I did a tint regrow the then dragged it through length and ends and toned at backwash with say 10/38. I’m just worried that it will be patchy without the highlights. Any advice will be much appreciated x

Attachments

• 6C03A5A6-C91B-4B3F-B7E8-D936D46AEA39.png
    6C03A5A6-C91B-4B3F-B7E8-D936D46AEA39.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
If you were to use 10/0 or 12/0 this will lift very differently in the virgin hair, to what it will on the already tinted hair. I'd probably stick to highlights, then do your lighter caramel root drag and lighter toner.
10/38 won't do anything for those ends, they would need to be lightened first also.

If you were to use 10/0 or 12/0 this will lift very differently in the virgin hair, to what it will on the already tinted hair. I'd probably stick to highlights, then do your lighter caramel root drag and lighter toner.
10/38 won't do anything for those ends, they would need to be lightened first also.
Hi do you think a roots drag with 9/36 would look good?

Hi do you think a roots drag with 9/36 would look good?
What affect are you trying to achieve? A level 9 won't really look like a root drag , it's not deep enough to create the dimension or detail you need. I'd be using a minimum of a level 8 but ideally a 7

What affect are you trying to achieve? A level 9 won't really look like a root drag , it's not deep enough to create the dimension or detail you need. I'd be using a minimum of a level 8 but ideally a 7

or this or this one, thanks for reply, 🙏

Attachments

• C9303C5A-6AB7-4560-BC09-3D7E47569037.png
    C9303C5A-6AB7-4560-BC09-3D7E47569037.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
or this or this one, thanks for reply, 🙏
Level 9 won't be dark enough. If I was to do this I'd be looking at a level 7 root drag possibly lowlights too. And then obviously bleach highlights and tone with 10/ + 10/69 Illumina or 10/6 colour touch

Level 9 won't be dark enough. If I was to do this I'd be looking at a level 7 root drag possibly lowlights too. And then obviously bleach highlights and tone with 10/ + 10/69 Illumina or 10/6 colour touch
Roots drag I'd probably do 7/17 and then use the same for lowlights or mix it with 7/38

Thank you your help is much appreciated I didn’t see the post in time but went with 8/0 colour touch. I will defo try this next time @ronray

Latest posts

Back