Lightening powder with Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elik belik

Reaction score
I get highlights every few months. Every time I switch the colorist I go to. Every time because of a different reason. All of these colorists I went to before put bleach on parts that were already highlighted from before. They also never used Olaplex. Some of them said that the lightening powder already contained a plex dupe material in it.
So I have 2 questions:

1. Do you know of any lightening powders that has olaplex or something similar in it?
If so, is it affective as using olaplex no 1 & 2 in the bleaching process?
2. How do I make sure the colorist I go to use olaplex and doesn't over lap with pre existing bleached parts. All that without being a demanding annoying client..
They always seem to want to get the job done as quick as possible, without considering the integrity of my hair.

I am a bit disappointed from all the hair salons I went to, and I am considering doing the highlights myself. I am a trained hairstylist and style hair for weddings, but I am not a trained colorist.
However it seems like I am the one who cares most about the integrity of my hair.

If they don’t use Olaplex, you could buy some yourself and mix it into a good quality conditioner and use it as a hair mask after getting your hair lightened. This is what I often do, when I do my own hair.

Latest posts

Back