Lightening with Wella?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicnic00

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m a student and not long into my second year where we are now learning colour.

My sister in law would like me to do her hair. She has had it lightened previously but has said she hasn’t had bleach on it. I was thinking of using a high lift but the ends of her hair are lightest blonde but the rest of her hair is slightly darker with yellow tones.

She would like it as light as the ends and toned to an ash blonde..... any advice on what to use? I’m only familiar with WELLA products.

Thanks in advance
IMG_6753.JPG

For ash blonde and a root lift, I’d recommend bleach and then tone rather than use a highlift tint, because you’ve still got to colour the mids and ends to match the roots.

If you’ve only just started learning about colour, I’d ask her to go into your training salon and do her hair under supervision.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I thought bleach would be best but she wasn’t sure about it being used on her hair. I did tell her I’d rather she cane in to college so that my tutor could help and then I’d know what to do the next time. I think I’ll try persuade her to come along to college as I’m not confident enough yet to just go for it.

Latest posts

Back