"Liking Long Fingernails on Men"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsy

Reaction score
they are disgusting!!! made me laugh though :s

Each to their own I suppose.

yes I must say not quite my cup of tea for the long natural ones but some of them do have really nice enhancements.

Was not what I was looking or on google when I typed in "long fingernails" so it was a bit of an eye opener.

Quite ! But you have to admit, if you didn't know better, some of those hands looked very feminine.....

River

Yuk .........i wouldn't want to fight my man for the cuticle oil lol

OOOOO No thank you

No NO NO NO NO :eek:

Oh thats just nasty, not to my taste at all!

I hate nails on men yuk yuk yuk

OMG, that's really not for me EVER.
I like my men to look like men!

Oh lordy - when will I stop being surprised by stuff.....??!! They are seriously gross......

What ever floats ya boat :)

Some of those fellas had great long nail beds...great as models for competitions!!

But on the whole not my cup of tea on a man!

I can see that several people have commented that long nails on men is not their cup of tea - which is perfectly fair enough.

I also think that it's fair to say it's quite unusual, and to be surprised.

But equally there are some people who have reacted with disgust. I find this attitude to be quite unpleasant, frankly, and it's this kind of intolerance that discourages me from spending much time on this site. For goodness sake, you're in the business of (in most cases) making people's nails longer!

If you find such a simple thing as long nails on a man to be "revolting" - well, then i suggest you might need to look at why you feel so strongly about such a minor break with gender (and other) conventions.

yogacat said:
I can see that several people have commented that long nails on men is not their cup of tea - which is perfectly fair enough.

I also think that it's fair to say it's quite unusual, and to be surprised.

But equally there are some people who have reacted with disgust. I find this attitude to be quite unpleasant, frankly, and it's this kind of intolerance that discourages me from spending much time on this site. For goodness sake, you're in the business of (in most cases) making people's nails longer!

If you find such a simple thing as long nails on a man to be "revolting" - well, then i suggest you might need to look at why you feel so strongly about such a minor break with gender (and other) conventions.

I dont feel that anyone as been out of hand with their comments on this one, Most have put its not nice in their opinion. I dont think anyone was being prejudiced to these men. As a nail tech I like to see nice well looked after nails on either sex but to be honest natural nails that are curling over into long claws arent really many techs cup of tea whether on a male or female and thats why I think some reacted with words like gross.

Hey now...we are expressing our opinions like you are expressing yours!

So what my personal preference is for my hubby not to have long nails...what other men do is completely up to them.

If a man came into my salon wanting them I would do the treatment with pleasure and indeed have on MANY OCCASIONS!!

There is no gender bias here I can assure you and I am certainly not intolerant thank you very much, but I and others have as much right to say we don't like it on a man as you have in expressing your opinions.

There have been many other posts on here about women with ultra long fingernails or very dramatic nail art on that has drawn similar reactions of..not my cup of tea and revolting, so it has nothing to do with the fact that they are men at all.

I am sure we all respect your opinion too and none of us wish to start any heated arguments.

:Love:

yogacat said:
For goodness sake, you're in the business of (in most cases) making people's nails longer!
IMO (and it is just my opinion)... i'm in the business of enhancing nails, not making them look overly long, ugly and extremely unbalanced.
the nails in the links were definitely not 'my thing'.

if people's opinions stop you from coming to this site then it's a sad state of affairs.

I agree Sandi, they arent my cup of tea either, i found the piccies with only pants on hillarious x

ValencianNails said:
if people's opinions stop you from coming to this site then it's a sad state of affairs.

Indeed. If that's all it takes... um.... well... gosh I'd hate to try to find a message board community that would be suitable.

I don't like long nails on a man. Period. I view long nails as feminine. (Perhaps I am not politically correct in this notion, but... wtf.) *I* have the feminine hands. Not him. I don't want my man's hands to look like mine. I want them to be clean and groomed, but not long and feminine. There is something about a large manly hand laying on my body that I find appealing. There is nothing about a large manly hand with nails as long as mine laying on my body that I find appealing.

Pardon the politically incorrect terminology, but EW. NO. Thatisall.

Latest posts

Back