Lilac grey permanent colour Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveHairstyles

Reaction score
Hi, my client wanted a lilac gray colour so I lightened the hair and put colour touch instamatic muted mauve. She loved it, just the colour she was looking for. But after she has washed it once the colour has all come out at the sides so looking for a more permanent colour. She is going on holiday at the weekend so wants doing before then and to last her fortnight holiday. So has anyone got any ideas thank you!! I was asking for ideas of lilac grey last week and I tried a test piece of one which wasn't the right colour so that is when I went for the colour touch.

I was thinking maybe using 10/69 but not sure what to mix with it, to get the lilac grey.

Try phoning wella technical dept good luck

9/60 in illumina is amazing for lilacs, mix with pastel and leave on for 20 mins.

However it will still fade quite fast if the hair is porous but should last a few more shampoos than 1 x

9/60 in illumina is amazing for lilacs, mix with pastel and leave on for 20 mins.

However it will still fade quite fast if the hair is porous but should last a few more shampoos than 1 x
Would it last for a fortnight holiday with them washing it everyday?

probably not but i dont think you will find anything better.

you could sell her a Colour Fresh, /6 that will help top it up x

8/81 colour touch with /68 mix tone works well as a lilac grey when I have used it in the past. Lasts longer than 1 wash but again won't be permanent and fades quite quickly still.

8/81 colour touch with /68 mix tone works well as a lilac grey when I have used it in the past. Lasts longer than 1 wash but again won't be permanent and fades quite quickly still.
Thank you, I just want her colour to last her holiday.

Thank you, I just want her colour to last her holiday.
I think you'd find it quite difficult to get a colour to stay violet on prelightened hair, when the client is on holiday and will be washing her hair every day! Instamatics aren't designed to last long, have you thought about colour touch 9/16 + 10/6 + 1.9 % leave for 20 mins, then send her home with a violet toning shampoo and conditioner to take on holiday with her?

I used the igora silver range on my hair over 6 weeks ago and it's still there maybe have a look at their range?

Thank you everyone, I did it again with colour touch and it grabbed a lot better!!

Latest posts

Back