lily lolo - rating it or hating it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hey all

I am looking to get a mineral make up for my salon - I have spoken to lily lolo ad they seemed like a wicked company and are sending me samples.

Has anyone used them?

Becki x

I got loads of samples last week, the colours are amazing and last well, I'm really liking this one

Hey all

I am looking to get a mineral make up for my salon - I have spoken to lily lolo ad they seemed like a wicked company and are sending me samples.

Has anyone used them?

Becki x

Hi, I cant give you a professional answer as I am not a Skin Geek, but, I know of many people who love Lily Lilo. I heard about it on another forum, and the majority of the posters prefer this to liquid foundation, as it is much better for the skin.

I ordered some of the little sample pots, and a little really does go a long way, I used it about 3 times then decided that it wasnt for me, so I actually gave mine away. There was enough for a good few full face applications, and the cover up and blusher samples had loads in.

I think if you explain to your clients how good it is for the skin, and show them how to apply it it will fly off the shelves.

Good Luck!

I had never heard of it before I read this thread but I've just checked out the website and was really impressed that you could buy little tester pots for so little. So I've just ordered samples of everything! :) I'll let you know what they're like.

Forgot to add their prices are really good, they've got trade prices too, minimum order is £200, I tried their foundation on myself and it felt so light, but gave great coverage, you don't feel as if you're wearing much make up, it feels like a light cream, though it's powder

am very exctied to hear your opinon - you ordered all of them?
They said they would send me samples - i wonder what I'll get!?!?
Am sooooo exctied - my skin is horrific (okay a little dramatic) and i think its my makeup!!! boo hoo

I ordered samples of their foundation, finishing powder, 2 x eyeshadow & blusher. The whole lot including postage was less than £5! Can't wait!!

Well i received and have used my samples and have just ordered some full size pots too!

They're light, give good coverage without looking heavy and are a very reasonable price too.

Have you had your sampless yet? What do you think?

oooooooooooooooooooh i am SO jealous - no havent received mine yet I'm gonna start stalking the postman till he gets them for me!!

So would you rate it then?

xxbeckixx

oooooooooooooooooooh i am SO jealous - no havent received mine yet I'm gonna start stalking the postman till he gets them for me!!

So would you rate it then?

xxbeckixx

Yes I would rate it, but bear in mind that I am a mineral make-up virgin!!:lol:

But I do like it. Feels light on the skin and I got a few compliments last night at college about how natural it looked too.

When you do receive yours I'd love to know what you think of them too.:lol:

I've never used mineral make up before but have placed an order for some samples...... I'll let you know what I think!!

everyone is loving the lily lolo i want my samples!!!!

i ordered some samples after reading posts on this site, i am really impressed !

Hey all

Has anyone used them?

Becki x

I haven't used them but I think it looks like a fab range BUT I wouldn't want to stock this in the salon as,

• It is not a particuarly big range like ID Bare Essentials or Jane Iredale & only seems to have the basic products, eg powder, blush, eyeshadows.
  • It is available to buy online so clients can buy it direct.
  • The powders/foundations don't have an SPF which many clients now look for.

Hey

im intriged because I was taught by a certain product house that any product with SPF in is bad because the SPF cancels out the products purpose - eg. moituriser - it doesnt moisturise because the SPF kills the moisturisation properties and so you should use a seperate SPF:
a) is this true?
b)if it is true would it affect foundation

Also is it possible to stock Bare essentuals in a salon?

thanks becki xxx

hello all anybody got a link or website i cant seem to find their web page cheers vic:green:

www.lilylolo.co.uk

How spooky is that? I was just reading this thread when the postie brought my samples..... Fab service, I ordered them on Sunday! I got loads - the foundation sample costs 84p but based on how much I just used it will last me easily a week......

Not sure I'm applying it right, but it comes with instructions so I'll read them again and keep practising, lol!!!

I can see me putting in an order for full sizes soon.....! Lovin it so far....

Hey

im intriged because I was taught by a certain product house that any product with SPF in is bad because the SPF cancels out the products purpose - eg. moituriser - it doesnt moisturise because the SPF kills the moisturisation properties and so you should use a seperate SPF:
a) is this true?
b)if it is true would it affect foundation

Also is it possible to stock Bare essentuals in a salon?

thanks becki xxx

I have never heard that before so can't comment :| If you don't mind me asking which product house was it ?

Yes you can stock bare escentuals in salons but its quite a high minimum order. hths

Latest posts

Back