Lime in the water?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee5

Reaction score
My longstanding client moved house in September.
The last two time I was with her it was like she hadn't used conditioner when rinsing her colour.
She has level 8/9 tint and I only hilite every 3rd or 4th visit.
Today she mentioned it to me and I suggested it was the water as I didn't change anything.
So she showed me her kettle bought 7 weeks ago and it's covered in limescale!!!

Anyone any suggestions? I wanted to 'prescribe' a deep cleansing shampoo followed by a super intense moisturising conditioner. However the crown section is quite badly damaged and I'm conscious of how stripping the deep cleansing shampoo is?

If she has hard water, certain minerals can build up on the hair and make it feel awful. I would start by using a Malibu Crystal Gel treatment before you recolour to remove the build up. If there is a mineral build up the hair will feel so much softer afterwards. If the problem is in the water there are differnent solutions such as water softening and attatchments she can put on the shower head to filter the water. Otherwise she can use a chelating shampoo once a week. Redken have a chelating shampoo I think in a silver bottle.

I agree with Adam, it's hard water, use the Malibu Crystal Gel treatment and then make sure she gets a shower filter attachment, they are easy to install and will help to prevent from getting back on her hair, she should change the filter every 3 months.

Thanks! I came back to edit the title to hard water!
Obv still have baby brain thanks a mill for the suggestions. Totally forgot about Malibu! And I'll look into the shower head attachments. I've recently moved to and the same in this house just not as bad as hers!!

This happened me before with a client her hair kept going Matt I put her on kerastase swimmers shampoo worked a treat [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back