Little Princess Trust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shypurdy81

Reaction score
Hello some of you may know about 3 weeks or so ago my 10 year old daughter Shannon was diagnosed with leukaemia.

Well because of how poorly she was she has had intense chemotherapy since the day after we found out.

Her hair fell out really quickly, she had hair down to get bum and it was gorgeous! X

Shannon hadn't really felt the same about herself but hardly made any fuss in fact she's been amazingly brave she blows me away ! X

I have cut a few girls hair in the past for this fabulous charity but if I'm honest I never really thought about the amazing massive difference it makes to the little girls that go through such a hard time.

I really want to thank anyone who has supported this amazing charity xxx

This is Shannon before the treatment ...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448988550.222542.jpg

This is after treatment ...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448988576.834963.jpg

And this is Shannon's Little Princess Trust new hair ...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448988625.275725.jpg

I think they have done a wonderful job ! X

You're daughter is beautiful! I'm so sorry you both have had to go through this awful time.
It's a wonderful charity that we have donated to on the past.

Stay strong! Xxx

Your daughter is beautiful so sorry for what you are all going through your amazing and strong x

Wishing your daughter all the best and a speedy recovery, I think it is a fantastic charity and your daughter looks beautiful with and without her hair xxx

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

So many women have hair extensions added as a fashion accessory that it's easy to forget why donating your hair to charities such as the Little Princess Trust is so vitally important for supporting children like Shannon.

What a beautiful brave little girl!

I wish her a speedy recovery and I hope you can continue to stay strong for both of you. xx

Praying for you both as you go though this xx

Your daughter is beautiful and it sounds like you're raising a very strong young lady. I wish your family all the best and a speedy recovery.

It's great that you have told your story because it's such a wonderful charity and not as well known as it should be x

I bet your so proud of how strong she's being smiling through everything! She looks much older without her hair! Such an inspiring post tho I think a lot more of us should think about donatinting to things like this we are quick enough to pay out £100s to get extensions in and I've never really thought about it like the way you've just put it across @AcidPerm imagine if every person who has extensions gave £5 everytime the difference it could make! X

God luck to you both....it must be one of the hardest things ever to go through as a parent and child. I cut a friend of mines daughters hair off in aid of this charity a few weeks ago. She was 10 and I cut 14 inches off her hair. She raised over £600. For children in need I shaved a girls hair off and talked her into sending her plait off to the little princess trust, all 10 inches of it. She's raised £1200. Amazing. Xx

It really is a fantastic charity Shannon has a twin sister and she is going to donate her hair now xxx

Your daughter is so beautiful in all 3 of those photos, you must be so proud. I wish her a speedy recovery & hope you all have a lovely Christmas where all your wishes come true x [emoji173]️

Thank you Manda X

Hello some of you may know about 3 weeks or so ago my 10 year old daughter Shannon was diagnosed with leukaemia.

Well because of how poorly she was she has had intense chemotherapy since the day after we found out.

Her hair fell out really quickly, she had hair down to get bum and it was gorgeous! X

Shannon hadn't really felt the same about herself but hardly made any fuss in fact she's been amazingly brave she blows me away ! X

I have cut a few girls hair in the past for this fabulous charity but if I'm honest I never really thought about the amazing massive difference it makes to the little girls that go through such a hard time.

I really want to thank anyone who has supported this amazing charity xxx

This is Shannon before the treatment ...

View attachment 192566

This is after treatment ...

View attachment 192567

And this is Shannon's Little Princess Trust new hair ...

View attachment 192568

I think they have done a wonderful job ! X

Awesome. Thanks for sharing such a personal post. Beautiful girl. We send hair to this charity ALL the time, in fact I have another envelope needing posting so I will do this tomorrow. Big hugs.

[emoji3] that's brilliant X

What a horrible thing to go through for you all! I hope she has a speedy recovery [emoji175][emoji175].My brothers girlfriend cut her hair for this charity, such a lovely thing to do! You never think what a difference it could make!!

Latest posts

Back