Living Nature | “Manuka Honey Is Our Hero Ingredient”

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
You may or may not have heard of Manuka honey. While it’s stock fare at fancy health-food shops, it’s only been a regular on our supermarket shelves for the last couple of years. While we’ve never really understood why Manuka honey speeds healing and supports the immune system there’s little doubt that it’s stuffed full of natural medical magic. As a personal believer in the power of Manuka honey, it was great to hear from Living Nature about the research surrounding this amazing ingredient.

Living Nature is a private, New Zealand owned skincare company who have been using Manuka honey in their products for 25 years. Recently, however, a team at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff have begun to discover why Manuka honey is such an amazing ingredient.

Kim Allan of Living Nature UK, has 15 years experience working with Manuka honey and she explains the research. “Although it has long been known that this special New Zealand honey contains a unique antibacterial action and potent antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, it hasn’t been clear exactly how this works…until now that is. Professor Rose Cooper and her team have made some exciting finds and proven than medical grade Manuka honey prevents the attachment of bacteria to tissue and that it inhibits the growth of ‘biofilms’ which protect bacteria against antibiotics and allow them to cause chronic persistent infections, even the notorious MRSA.”

Living Nature are promoting Manuka honey as their hero ingredient and to find out more you can visit their website at www.livingnature.com. Just be careful you don’t start spreading your moisturizer on your toast!

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Manuka Honey Photo.jpg
    Manuka Honey Photo.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
My sugar gliders and skunk used to have Manuka honey they go wild for it :D xx

About 6 years ago a friend, who was suffering some horrendous flesh-eating disease, was asked by his consultant if he would be a guinea-pig in a new treatment which involved having his legs dressed in Manuka every few days. It worked.

My dog gets a spoonful of manuka honey ever morning, it's great for boosting her immune system and she is never poorly, it's quite expensive though at £15 a jar!

I make breakfast smoothies with Manuka 10+ active honey most days and I never have UK flu like many of my friends share.

I did read UK NHS has started to make use of it for treatments.

It has the taste like heaven :)

Adriana X

Great post, I love it :) definitely makes you feel better after a spoon full of it :)

Oh, I love this honey and have been taken it for a while, it is still expensive here in the USA too but it is lovely and yes you can use it on the skin aswell!

Great article Ed... :biggrin: manuka honey rocks.

I had a Manuka Honey Facial at Careys Manor, it was gorgeous and my skin felt amazing after. Love it! X

Latest posts

Back