loadsa questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
i use the Brisa Gels and want to know what everyone uses to create a "natural" looking nail with a tip overlay i.e not P&W.

I normally use a pink gel in all zones, but i think the tip doesn't look natural. I know Creative have a natural gel, has anyone tried this and what results have you had?

I was wondering wether it is better to apply an opaque tip rather than sculpt as with sculpting wouldn't the free edge be too pink.....would using natural colour gel give a better finish to the free edge.

are you confused yet!!

Let me know what you think

Also would it be better to apply a tip to a flat nail rather that sculpt cos it would be difficult to achieve a "c" curve.

thanks

Hi,
I posted a similar question a while ago (although I use IBD). It seems that lots of techs sculpt with a creamy (off) white for the free edge which was fine but difficult when it came to natural nail repairs. I managed to establish that IBD do a natural builder gel and now I use it all the time for non p&w sculpts.
I would still sculpt on a flat nail bed. Tips would be more likely to ping off this shape nail IMHO.

Tipping or sculpting is your choice there isn't a 'better', as in one better than the other, as far as lasting goes. Millions of women wear tips all the time and have no problems at all and millions wear sculpted nails with the same results.

There are tips with a flatter well area specifically for the flatter nail (Creative Formation tips is one of them) so pinging off should not be a problem unless you force a curved tip well onto a flat surface.

For a natural looking nail (non pink and white) I would use an opaque tip with either clear over the tip and pink over the bed or clear over the whole nail or a combo of natural and pink or clear ..... there are many options that is why there are many choices of gels.

I am trying to sculpt rather than tip so would the natural gel from Brisa look OK for the free edge with either pink or clear for the nail bed.

Latest posts

Back