London School of Beauty and make up and theory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyggiss

Reaction score
hiya
im doing a fast track NVQ2 at the london school of beauty and make up soon and have started reading anatomy and physiology before-hand as i am reallly nervous of all the work that will go in and english is not my mother tongue so I feel its challenging. I am unsure of all the bits to read for the nvq2 and feel I am reading quite a lot at the moment and its not easy stuff! I have the anatomy and physiology book for therapist's and have just ordered the foundations by lorraine nordmann... could anyone advise me on how much i should be reading beforehand if any? perhaps im overdoing it? I read every day it is quite slow as I feel i have to repeat it over and over as theres a lot of difficult stuff. I worry that i will go in there feeling stupid etc. Any feedback or experiences appreciated and any info on how they teach in this school would be useful for me to know too... thanks

Last edited:
What I've found sometimes is that you can read and read and things don't always make sense. It's sometimes not until you have it delivered in a lesson/lecture with tutor input that it starts to go into your head and you understand.

Everyone on the course will be feeling the same with A&P so don't worry!
You will be fine!

I would never have guessed that English was not your mother tongue from your post!

As Matthew has said, no matter how much reading you do beforehand sometimes it takes the tutor to explain things in more detail before it will make sense to you. A&P can be hard anyway so don't panick. Good luck with your course, I hope you enjoy it.
Rhiannon x

I second what these geeks are saying, I read and read and read the a&p and got so exasperated before starting my course, worrying I wasn't smart enough to take it all in, then as soon as I sat down in the class with the tutor and they started to teach it it all made sense, and actually I seemed to remember a lot and know a lot of the answers to the questions they asked so something must have subconsciously gone in! You will be fine, trust me - you're probably the only one that has actually done the precourse reading! ;)

Dont worry hun! I did the 3 months NVQ2 course at London School of Beauty and Make Up and i actually didnt read anything before i went there. Its an International diploma so when i was there (in 2009) about 85% of the students there were foreign and english isnt their mother tongue. The teachers are great, everything is learnt bit by bit and explain in a way you understand if you need help and can give you extra learning time. If you have any problems speak to the tutors, you've nothing to worry about xx

hey guys that helps to know! I panic I guess as I hate feeling stupid (well who doesnt ha ha..) All ur post's helps so thank you :D I guess there is no harm in reading before-hand so will continue with that!!Thanks for the feedback! i guess im not the only one feeling nervous then and good to know that it all made sense once explained thoroughly ..

Beautylicious-M - thats super encouraging to know that it really is that international, that makes me feel super at ease as then i am totally not the only one studying in another language than the language that I think in.

Thanks a bunch!

Dont worry hun! I did the 3 months NVQ2 course at London School of Beauty and Make Up and i actually didnt read anything before i went there. Its an International diploma so when i was there (in 2009) about 85% of the students there were foreign and english isnt their mother tongue. The teachers are great, everything is learnt bit by bit and explain in a way you understand if you need help and can give you extra learning time. If you have any problems speak to the tutors, you've nothing to worry about xx

Hi again!, may I ask what u did after the course? did u seek employment or did u do L3 or did u go selfemployed? x

Yuppp theres lots of people there speaking other languages. I didnt do L3 ive gone self employed workin frm home x

Yuppp theres lots of people there speaking other languages. I didnt do L3 ive gone self employed workin frm home x

thats very inspirational! well done u x

Latest posts

Back