Long graduation help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would pull the hair forward, take diagonal sections from the parting to the ear, then pull straight out in front of the client, and cut in a diagonal line at 90°s to the angle of your section. If you look at this from a side angle you will see a right angled triangle... Well missing the bottom bit ;) at Sanrizz it's called the long triangle. Does all your shaping of round the face, and layering for you x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

That's how I do the shape around the face part

Is your college city and guilds?

It is now! I done my level two with a private company who done in house training. They made me complete a one level cut and graduated bob and.handed me a certificate 😟 my tutor now is trying to get me to take legal action against them

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is now! I done my level two with a private company who done in house training. They made me complete a one level cut and graduated bob and.handed me a certificate 😟 my tutor now is trying to get me to take legal action

Well if its city and guilds they're most probably referring to what i said in the first place, everyone else on this thread is right that layers and graduation are two different things, though thats city and guilds terminology. Are the cuts you learn from a certain group? Such as Francesco?

Well if its city and guilds they're most probably referring to what i said in the first place, everyone else on this thread is right that layers and graduation are two different things, though thats city and guilds terminology. Are the cuts you learn from a certain group? Such as Francesco?

Just realised how confusing I've sounded lol my level two was from a private company Joseph Lawrence (the ones who made me do the two cuts then passed me) and I'm now at a college for my level 3 who are with City and Guilds and are fantastic. But obviously it's a bit little too late as I've got my certificate, even though I don't kbiw a thing by the sounds of it!!

In the beginning when you learn this cut you have to take small rectangle sections starting at the crown working down to the point where the hair no longer reaches up, then work from your 1st cut at the crown forward to the front of the head then down to an inch above the ears always pulling all the hair straight up (I'm rubbish at degrees)

I found this very time consuming and quite difficult tbh, so I started taking orange segment shaped sections from my guide down to occipital and cut like that instead, I found this much easier, they used to go nuts on me for doing it but when cross checking it's always perfect.

Just practice all the things you've read on here and see what comes most naturally to you :)

In the beginning when you learn this cut you have to take small rectangle sections starting at the crown working down to the point where the hair no longer reaches up, then work from your 1st cut at the crown forward to the front of the head then down to an inch above the ears always pulling all the hair straight up (I'm rubbish at degrees)

I found this very time consuming and quite difficult tbh, so I started taking orange segment shaped sections from my guide down to occipital and cut like that instead, I found this much easier, they used to go nuts on me for doing it but when cross checking it's always perfect.

Just practice all the things you've read on here and see what comes most naturally to you :)

I always do radial orange segments too pivoting out from my guide, but i pivot my fingers to join in with the length so the line will sometimes be inverted depending on the hair length! I think its much easier to go off balance when you're just doing straight down lateral sections, unless you're over directing it all to the middle! Orange segments all the way😂🍊

Errmahhgerddd this makes so much sense and sounds exactly how my old boss told me how to do 'basic long layers'! See if I've been doing long grad this whole time 😂😂😂

College educated people usually call it long grad and nvq work based will usually call it long layers

🍊 another one for the academy curriculum cam 😉

You might find it helpful to buy a copy of Sassoons ABC cutting dvd.

My college library had them available to rent along with Toni & Guy and others.

College educated people usually call it long grad and nvq work based will usually call it long layers

🍊 another one for the academy curriculum cam 😉

😂😂 cant wait for this academy

You might find it helpful to buy a copy of Sassoons ABC cutting dvd.

My college library had them available to rent along with Toni & Guy and others.

Thanks, someone else recommended this but a £190 dvd for a £100 weekly wage gal is maybe a bit expensive lol!!

Many of the abc sasson videos are on YouTube, try a propper library tho you'll be surprised what they can get hold of for you :)

Ooh really? I'll need to have a wee look. Thanks so much 🙋

If you can get hold of the Tigi classics book or DVDs it explains it in Ther the difference between square layers and what somebody else described as transient layers

I would also suggest the Sassoon's ABC course. They often run a special during the summer months.

I would also suggest the Sassoon's ABC course. They often run a special during the summer months.

I'd love to attend one of these courses but by the time Id save the money for it I'd be retiring 😂 but thanks x

I bought the Sassoon ABC cutting DVD off eBay for £40 :)

I bought the sassoon abc DVD from ebay and it is very helpful!

Latest posts

Back