Quantcast

Looking For A Fellow South Wales Geek, I Think I Have Developed A Monomer Allergy.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

welshmammy

Reaction score
I am looking for a South Wales geek who doesn't use IBD L&P. I think I have developed an allergy to IBD monomer, through over exposure. I hadn't been made aware of over exposure issues during my training, I am only aware of it since searching this forum. I have been a little suspicious, for about a month as I have been getting little raised blisters on my fingers, mainly on my working hand, they are itchy and a little burny, I have had to remove my enhancements.
I am looking to have a set of enhancements with a fellow geek, who uses another brand of L&P, to see how it affects my fingers. I have just ordered some nitrile gloves and am off to the chemist to get some anti hystamines. I think I may have to convert to a different brand of L&P, I don't want to waste time with Christmas coming. Can anyone book me in soon for a set. Please PM me if you can.

absolutly fab!

Reaction score
i have a very factual info sheet re allergies and reaction, i am happy to send this to you, i would love to post on the site but not that tecno to do so !

My email address is below.

It has been a great use to students and will i am sure ansewer alot of question and concerns you may have . It was produced from sam watkins for a student.

I am looking for a South Wales geek who doesn't use IBD L&P. I think I have developed an allergy to IBD monomer, through over exposure. I hadn't been made aware of over exposure issues during my training, I am only aware of it since searching this forum. I have been a little suspicious, for about a month as I have been getting little raised blisters on my fingers, mainly on my working hand, they are itchy and a little burny, I have had to remove my enhancements.
I am looking to have a set of enhancements with a fellow geek, who uses another brand of L&P, to see how it affects my fingers. I have just ordered some nitrile gloves and am off to the chemist to get some anti hystamines. I think I may have to convert to a different brand of L&P, I don't want to waste time with Christmas coming. Can anyone book me in soon for a set. Please PM me if you can.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
It'll more than likely be an ingredient in the monomer as opposed to IBD monomer, that means that there's a high chance that you won't be able to have any L+P used on your nails.
Have you thought about trying gel?
Brisa gel (Creative) is hypoallergenic and doesn't have the 3 main irritants in the ingredients which are acrylates, formaldehyde and gluteraldehyde.

hth's and I hope you find a local geek who can help you x

Reaction score
I am a nail tech student in the US. I recently developed an allergy to acrylic products. I am on steroids to reduce the symptoms. I am now concerned about my future career. I suppose I will focus on natural nail work and pedicures. I love pedicures anyway so that is good.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
Don't automatically assume it's the nail products! I had major skin allergy problems last year, to the extent that my hands with double their normal size and and I was covered head to toe in a major red raw blistered rash.

You must see a dermatologist to get allergy tests done to determine what you are definitely allergic to. My allergies were to steriod creams (which I was repeatedly prescribed and gradually became allergic too, I now have to be very careful what medicines I can use as a lot of antibiotics etc contain steriods), nickel and 2 preservatives found in most cleaning, skin, hair and beauty products.

Welshy chicha, I have just pm'd you :)

welshmammy

Reaction score
Just to update, I saw Doc today, gave me some piriton, fingers sooo much better already. I am now becoming suspicious that my allergy may be down to Fairy Liquid. I have always used the dish washer, but for the last month or so I have been doing a little washing up here, once or twice a day. I am praying it is not my monomer. A fantastic Creative geek has offered to L&P my nails. Will get them done next week when the blisters have completely gone. Here is hoping it is not the monomer! Plus from now on I am going to be extra monomer careful.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
I am now becoming suspicious that my allergy may be down to Fairy Liquid. I have always used the dish washer, but for the last month or so I have been doing a little washing up here, once or twice a day.
You mean you don't use washing up gloves like we tell our clients to? :lol:

absolutly fab!

Reaction score
lol, !!!

personally i would wait untill all clears before i attempt to wear nail, have a look at the sheet i sent you. The client i was telling you about, sory if i have the wrong lady , had built up such sensitivity she was allergic to loads and gave up her very dream of contining as a nail tec, a very very good one at that.:smack:

You mean you don't use washing up gloves like we tell our clients to? :lol:

Latest posts