Looking for advice on starting a mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChazzaG

Reaction score
Hi. I am 22 and currently doing a Level 2 in beauty therapy and am thinking I would quite like to set up my own mobile business providing small treatments (manicure, pedicure, lash and brow treatments etc.) but the trouble is I don't know where to start. I looked at doing it from home but it wouldn't be practical as my house is very small and quite cluttered what with having a 4 year old! I don't drive and my couch is heavy hence why I say only really the above treatments. We have a good bus service so getting around with just my trolley is not a problem! Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated Thank you so much in advance, Chazza

I recently started working as a mobile therapist, but was lucky enough to get into a hotel doing On Call treatments out of a small conference room. At the moment I need to take my bed and stuff in with me as I do a lot of massage, but it might be a good idea for you to offer your service, mani/pedi, etc to some hotel that currently does not have a spa/treatment room. you could always go to the residents rooms which I do for some treatments as the room I usually use may be taken up for conferences etc or the hotel may even let you set up a room there to have exclusively as a treatment room. worth a try....:)

I recently started working as a mobile therapist, but was lucky enough to get into a hotel doing On Call treatments out of a small conference room. At the moment I need to take my bed and stuff in with me as I do a lot of massage, but it might be a good idea for you to offer your service, mani/pedi, etc to some hotel that currently does not have a spa/treatment room. you could always go to the residents rooms which I do for some treatments as the room I usually use may be taken up for conferences etc or the hotel may even let you set up a room there to have exclusively as a treatment room. worth a try....:)

Thats a brill idea thanks so much for sharing. Once am qualified will give that a try. Thanks again x

Is anyone able to give me any information on the legalities and regulations and how to actually set up a mobile salon business or a website that can help me? I have done a search but just come up with home salons - cant find anything on mobile.

Thanks all, Chazza xxx

Hey Newbie Geek! Im a newbie on level 2 aswell :) I would suggest, keep your options open, you may find you enjoy working in a small team who travels around giving treatments! Oh and you could always rent a room or a cheap bedsit and set up in there! Instead of using your place

Missy Beauty xxx

Hey Newbie Geek! Im a newbie on level 2 aswell :) I would suggest, keep your options open, you may find you enjoy working in a small team who travels around giving treatments! Oh and you could always rent a room or a cheap bedsit and set up in there! Instead of using your place

Missy Beauty xxx

I was thinking of that but rental costs are quite high. I'm probably going to mainly do pamper parties and travel to clients. How are you finding the course? x

Latest posts

Back