Looking on the positive side of life....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonilee

Reaction score
Ok mods....the voice inside does say blog it, but I am thinking in this climate and so forth a post like this may be uplifting, thought provoking and inspirational perhaps? ......

Well I learnt a valuable lesson this Christmas simply from chatting to a friend, whom we have gotten to know a lot more over christmas.

She split from her long term partner earlier this year and moved into a place of her own, and in summer had a shocking car crash which she remarkably survived.......by her own admission she never thought she would get behind a wheel again but she has! (yay!!) Then, about 6 week before xmas she woke up and was unable to get out of her bedroom....turns out she had been barricaded in while her house was robbed......and she wasnt insured due to a mix up between her and her landlady.......

In all honesty I know exactly how I would feel after that and none of it is positive!!

She completely admits its scared the life out of her, but her outlook is immense, she simply states,
"it could have been alot worse they could have attacked me!!"

She is a successfull woman career wise, but says she isnt materialistic, she counts her fortune in terms of health, friends and family she says this is what makes us rich in life, not a bank balance or the latest ipod/tv/laptop......

I am blown away by her positivity!! I find it hugely impressive, and have since made it my new years resolution to be positive in life!! And it something I am doing and its working so well, the more positive I feel the more positive people around me become which makes me happy and more positive......how can you lose?!

In Nics words
" there are x hours left in today, if your not happy about how its going then change it, its your day and your life"

SO simple yet so remarkable....

What a positive attitude! x

As you started this thread saying that it should be a blog - you are right, it should be. We have to remain as consistent as possible and we have recently taken quite a lot of flak for directing a thread to the blogs, so I am afraid we cannot treat your post any differently.

I wish your friend well.

There was a similar thread recently about looking on the bright side.

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/85991-sick-doom-gloom-lets-try-stop.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back