Looking to become a Nail Technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouisem

Reaction score
Can anyone help me, I have been trailing through the internet for weeks now looking for a good Nail Technician course for the complete beginner which will give the qualifications that i would need to start up my own mobile nail service.

As i live up NORTH!!! and currently work fulltime as a secretary i am finding it hard to get something that suites.

I am so close to nearing booking a course with a salon/beauty wholesalers in Aberdeen called Sally Salon Services! Has anyone done any of the courses that they offer? Can they give me advise on this?

I thought it was quite a reasonable price at only £80 + vat per day of training there is a minimum of 3 days for Manicure/ Pedicure and either Acrylic or Gel extensions. Plus £40 for each kit.

Also can anyone tell what the "Mercia" product is like as that is the product i will be training with (if i book it).

I would really appreciate some help as i have been on about every nail/ beauty training website and everything is just so out of my location?!!!

Thanks Sarah x:eek:

Sallys & Mercia products :eek: DONT DO IT

As well as needing a qualification you need quality training that is going to set you up to be able to make the most out of the certificate,
its no good paying out to do cheap training with cheap products and finding out later down the line that you could have been trained so much better with award winning education and award winning products that your clients will know and respect,
give CND (creative nail design) a call and set your career off on the right footing 0845 210 6060
hth :hug:

Have to agree with Loubylou. Don't do it!! There are many good training academies. I started with a cheap and cheerful course and believe me it is not enough to do much more than have a go. Book with a reputable trainer. I don't know how far away you would be but Sparklybits (Tracy Boyle) is Scotland's Young Nails trainer and is great. Have a look at some of the big companies like CND, Young Nails, NSI, EZ Flow/Grafton/IBD. They all have great trainers and you will get a much higher standard of training. It is worth paying the money.

Latest posts

Back