Looking to buy more Shellac colours - are there some to avoid, some more popular etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
Hi, I only have 9 colours & want to buy more but i've had a problem with streaks in romantique & have had rose bud fade abroad (which reading helpful posts on here can happen).
Would you guys be able to advise of any others to avoid, and which colours youve found most popular please?
I've got - zillionaire, romantique, beau, rose bud, hollywood, tango passion, rock royalty, night glimmer, & a silver one. Thank you xx

Tropix, dark Lava, cerulean sea, sun bleached are popular for me x

Hot Pop pink, Cerulean Sea is really popular, lilac longing, Ruby ritz duo with Wildfire, one of the nudes Bare Chemise. Omg the list is endless :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Top ten in our place:
Lobster roll
Masquerade
Tinted love
Strawberry smoothie
Tropix
Black pool
Wildfire
Hollywood
Bare chemise
Tutti frutti

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Top ten in our place:
Lobster roll
Masquerade
Tinted love
Strawberry smoothie
Tropix
Black pool
Wildfire
Hollywood
Bare chemise
Tutti frutti

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh yes I forgot Tinted Live my clients & I love it too

Popular colours for me are tutti frutti,wildfire,decadence,purple,purple,fedora,moonlight and roses for layering.

Tropix, tutti fruitti, dark lava, cake pop, bare chemise.

For me it's been tropix, cerulean sea, pink bikini, mint convertible,

The only colour I have which I really dont like applying is Cake Pop. Its my nemesis lol :D

Tutti frutti, Pink Bikini, Hollywood and Tropix are my most requested colours :)

The only colour I have which I really dont like applying is Cake Pop. Its my nemesis lol :D

I must admit it's a bugger to apply but so pretty!

Thank you so much everyone, its much appreciated. what makes cake pop such a bugger?

I know!!! Hate Cake Pop with a passion. However, the last set I did I floated the brush on both coats and had a beautiful result :) x

Thanks everyone. Do you all find the pinks fade quickly in the sun, chlorine etc?

cake pop is beautiful but so hard to get an even coverage :( it always looks streaky so I put another coat on and then it looks a bit thick. I try my best to put people off this colour which is such a shame as its a perfect colour for this time of year.

Thanks, I'm having problems like that with Romantique, gorgeous colour but streaky as hell!

I know!!! Hate Cake Pop with a passion. However, the last set I did I floated the brush on both coats and had a beautiful result :) x

I've heard of floating the brush but work out how to do it, could you explain please. thanks

For me, floating the brush is having it parallel to the nail, with enough product loaded onto the brush to simply float across the nail with a feather light touch. This avoids seeing brush strokes etc and improves coverage.

I love Cake Pop, especially with a silver holo glitter fade. It can be like pink tipex to apply so make sure you give it a good ole shake. Try getting a cocktail stick inside and giving a good stir too and see if it makes any difference. I have the colours in my lap now as a matter of course (body temp) and then I shake and they are a much better consistency.

For colour choice I love,

Tinted Love
Midnight Swim
Grapefruit Sparkle for French and for layering
Bare Chemise
Satin Pajamas

For me, floating the brush is having it parallel to the nail, with enough product loaded onto the brush to simply float across the nail with a feather light touch. This avoids seeing brush strokes etc and improves coverage.

I love Cake Pop, especially with a silver holo glitter fade. It can be like pink tipex to apply so make sure you give it a good ole shake. Try getting a cocktail stick inside and giving a good stir too and see if it makes any difference. I have the colours in my lap now as a matter of course (body temp) and then I shake and they are a much better consistency.

For colour choice I love,

Tinted Love
Midnight Swim
Grapefruit Sparkle for French and for layering
Bare Chemise
Satin Pajamas

Thanks, much appreciated x

Be careful with Burnt Romance and Cream Puff as they wrinkle if you don`t do really thin coats.
I do all my French Manicures with Studio White instead and Decadence is similar to Burnt Romance.
Sultry Sunset is now a very popular colour with me as is Tropix.

Latest posts

Back