Loose perm advice-pics included

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois Edwards

Reaction score
Hiya
I've jus had a client message me pictures I'll attach
Of a loose perm
She has foils which include bleach and highlight tint.
I'm experienced in the older style perms
So am looking for help
I have the black perm rods which are the largest o believe they do
I've permed in bendy rollers before but the colour runs from them
I know u can perm on rollers but the smallest rollers are
They suitable or too small
Help please
Also I usually use goldwell perm or a matrix
Any help appreciated
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1489354841.018090.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1489354850.229548.jpg

Hi, it will depend on the length of your clients hair, whether it is layer or not as to the size of the rod that you use to create loose waves as per photos. I would personally use an acid perm for coloured hair whichever brand you are confident in using. Black rods would be OK on the length of hair in photos or next size down Grey then Green / Green and White. Do you have a photo of your clients hair?

You're probably over thinking it.
If you're experienced in 'old lady' perms that's great as you'll understand the importance of clean sections and winding with even tension. That's the basis of any good perm. :)
I'd probably do a spiral perm wind using one of the Goldwell perms for chemically treated hair. (Sorry, can't remember the name).

Hi, it will depend on the length of your clients hair, whether it is layer or not as to the size of the rod that you use to create loose waves as per photos. I would personally use an acid perm for coloured hair whichever brand you are confident in using. Black rods would be OK on the length of hair in photos or next size down Grey then Green / Green and White. Do you have a photo of your clients hair?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1489395912.940115.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1489395932.001849.jpg

Looking at her length Im now thinking black rollers would be best. Is there a particular acid perm u would recommend
Any any tips
Thanks

Goldwell perms are really good :)

I'm going to try the goldwell vitensity
And do spiral perm on black rods the largest
Wish me luck appointments not until 31st march

Your client's hair is quite short and if she's not had a perm before, she might not realise how much shorter it will look with a curl in it. The hair in the pictures you attached would have been at least shoulder length before perming.

If it was my client, I might try to persuade her to grow her hair another couple of inches before perming it as I don't think it will suit her that length. Sorry.

I don't think that is a soft wave at all....I'd say that is quite curly!

Your clients hair will look shorter than the picture...make sure she realises this, and that it is a curly perm.

I would use a mix of rods, dependent on hair lengths, possibly grey and blue, going smaller at the nape.

Be aware that the lightened hair will have less 'spring' than the better quality hair underneath.

Use OLAPLEX if you have it.

Good Luck. :)

Last edited:
I think I'll have to agree with AcidPerm about her hair being a little too short at the mo....you don't want it ending up a 'Deirdre Barlow' :oops:
LOL:p

Of course you can perm short hair but NEVER perm bleached hair it will break off

She was extremely happy thanks for all the advice

Well done, good result. :cool:

Latest posts

Back