'Loose' toe nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perls Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have a lady who has regular pedis and Minx etc. who is also a fellow runner.

After running a recent 10K, and against my advice with longer than usual toenails.......... she had traumatised one of her big toe nails to the point where it has separated from the nail bed over approximately 70% - it's still firmly attched along one sidewall and at the matrix, and looks like it will remain so as the nail grows out.

My question is, can I pop some adhesive underneath it to secure it until it does grow out? I was thinking Gel Bond or Seal Bond as I know these are mentioned in a lot of posts about recreating toe nails and attaching them to the nail bed.

The client is off to Thailand for a 3 week holiday next week and I want to help her to go without the worry of pulling her toenail off, and she wants re-minxing before she goes.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance x

Personally I wouldnt glue it. Probably what will happen is eventually it will fall off and a new nail will start to grow underneath. Its unfortunate especially since its before her holiday and she wants her feet to look nice, but I think the most I would be prepared to do to it is paint it or shellac it.

I don't know if you could glue it, but If it isn't painful, I would also shorten the nail as much as possible to prevent it catching on anything and potentially separating more

Latest posts

Back