L'Oreal dialight toners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HanBlackburn

Reaction score
Just some advice on these loreal dialight toners. I had a client in about a month ago for roots touch up, she is naturally base 5-4 and her ends is 9-8.13. Previously I bleached her roots using 40vol then a toner of 15grams 10.12 with 30g 8 with clear using 9vol deactivator. It took so dark on her roots at the beginning but hardly touched her ends. I find the ash is too strong even though I weakened it with base 8 and clear. I only wanted the ash and violet to cancel out any yellow or orange tones as the client wants a natural looking blonde. Do you think using next time 30g 9.13 with 30g 9 with clear and using 9 vol deactivator? Thanks!!

Agree with Kahuna. Confused why you would need the 8?? Next time try 10.12 and a bit of 9.11. 9.11 is scary grey on its own and watch it carefully, but it really helps cancel out any of the yellow or orange. If 9.11 scares you, then use 9.01. There is no need to go down to 8 at all. That's why it's so dark. Also use the Diactivator in the volume 6 :)

And you will pobably get a cleaner lift on roots by dropping the devloper xx. Volume 40 on roots is making it go yellow and or orange. You will have more of a hot root appearance.

40 v with bleach on scalp????

Why did you put 8 in?
I used 8 because that's the lightest shade of natural blonde loreal have in the range of dialights. They have natural base 9 in diarichesse but it's not recommended mixing them both together.

40 v with bleach on scalp????[/QUOTE
Bleach with 40 vol is save to use on scalp using loreal bleaching powder. Only if the hair is strong enough :)

Agree with Kahuna. Confused why you would need the 8?? Next time try 10.12 and a bit of 9.11. 9.11 is scary grey on its own and watch it carefully, but it really helps cancel out any of the yellow or orange. If 9.11 scares you, then use 9.01. There is no need to go down to 8 at all. That's why it's so dark. Also use the Diactivator in the volume 6 :)

And you will pobably get a cleaner lift on roots by dropping the devloper xx. Volume 40 on roots is making it go yellow and or orange. You will have more of a hot root appearance.

I used 8 because it doesn't go any lighter in the loreal color book. I've tried using 6vol in the past but I've found that it intensives the ash so much more. By using the 9vol it doesn't take as quickly. If I used 9.11 or 9.01 it will go grey, I mean it will gradually fade out but it's not good for the client to walk out with grey hair :p

You need to leave it on for less time it won't go grey then, you should be able to achieve what you want with the 10 you don't need to add base into a toner

You need to leave it on for less time it won't go grey then, you should be able to achieve what you want with the 10 you don't need to add base into a toner

Yeah was gonna say i would've just used 10.12 on its own tbh.

To the OP, toning is a visual process, your eyes should not leave that toner for a second!

Stick it on quickly, keep scraping it off and rubbing it back in and it shouldn't be on for more than a min or 2.

To the OP, toning is a visual process, your eyes should not leave that toner for a second!

Stick it on quickly, keep scraping it off and rubbing it back in and it shouldn't be on for more than a min or 2.

that is what i do, i apply the toner at the wash basin just after shampooing. soon as i apply the toner is grabbed already. maybe instead of using 10.12 do you think 9.01 with 9.02 with clear to help dilute the tone should cover better. I have contacted our L'Oreal trainer but no reply yet. :D

that is what i do, i apply the toner at the wash basin just after shampooing. soon as i apply the toner is grabbed already. maybe instead of using 10.12 do you think 9.01 with 9.02 with clear to help dilute the tone should cover better. I have contacted our L'Oreal trainer but no reply yet. :D

Have you tried 10.12 on its own?

You don't need te double tone if it grabs that quick, use a porosity equaliser too

I use 10.12 with a dab of 9.01 all the time and it never goes grey. It's a really pretty icy blonde. If you apply at the basin, there is ample time to quickly rinse. Just be sure to do the front hair line last. It's a beautiful blonde. You just keep an eye on it. 3 parts 10.12 and 1 part 9.01. Not grey at all if you mix it right. The 8 will keep giving you dark results. And if you like the vol 9, then keep using it. And especially with this way if you decide to try with 9.01.

I have used 9.01 today after bleaching.. Lifted the Orange brassy tones out really well and ended with a lovely blonde!

So the roots are a level 4/5 and the lengths and ends are a 8.13 / 9.13. What end result are you looking for?

I use 10.12 with a dab of 9.01 all the time and it never goes grey. It's a really pretty icy blonde. If you apply at the basin, there is ample time to quickly rinse. Just be sure to do the front hair line last. It's a beautiful blonde. You just keep an eye on it. 3 parts 10.12 and 1 part 9.01. Not grey at all if you mix it right. The 8 will keep giving you dark results. And if you like the vol 9, then keep using it. And especially with this way if you decide to try with 9.01.
Hi, I come up with this mix in my brain to get a nice icy blonde after a scalp bleach.. does it work and have u any pics?x

I am stuck on you using bleach & 40vol on the scalp. I had clients nearly cry when Ive used 20vol on the scalp and they are dying for me to take it off. I like using a 10.21 as a tonner when the hair is taken up to a pale yellow
As her mid and ends are 8-9 and using 40 vol might look golden orange and need to use a 9.1 just on the roots. Mids and ends 9.2 to conteract some of the yellow tones or use a purple shampoo and conditioner if she wants it not so cool

I used 8 because it doesn't go any lighter in the loreal color book. I've tried using 6vol in the past but I've found that it intensives the ash so much more. By using the 9vol it doesn't take as quickly. If I used 9.11 or 9.01 it will go grey, I mean it will gradually fade out but it's not good for the client to walk out with grey hair :p

Why would you use 40vol on the SCALP!!
You said you used 10.12 so why use 8 that will darken it, I'm stunned

Need a picture of roots and ends. Is the roots the same lv as the mid and ends? If the roots are lighter then youll need to darken it with a 8-9 on the roots to match

I left toner on for 10 mins to tone a bleach tint and needless to say her hair was PURPLE.
Gentle cleanse and was fine but loved the experiment lol.
I never leave toner on for more than 30 - 60 seconds or that will happen.

Latest posts

Back