L'Oreal Dialight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Giles

Reaction score
So I am new to dialight... My client is now a 10 and light yellow tones... Ready for a toner. BUT she wants a blonde with light pastel pink. So was thinking: Can I mix 10.21 with like 3-4 cm of 4.20? Directly? Or should I use 10.21 alone and then use wellas pink dream? Also am i doing the right thing using the 9vol?

Yes you can mix them together but I would maybe use a .66 for a pink and watch as it may take quickly. Or use clear with it :)

Yes you can mix them together but I would maybe use a .66 for a pink and watch as it may take quickly. Or use clear with it :)
Thank you! I just think I will get a clearer result if I apply 10/21 first and then the pink toner. Or am I thinking wrong?

I think you can do either. I prefer to do the 10.21 first and then mix a .66 with clear as the toners only need about five minutes.

Or maybe mix the clear and 4.20 and .66 for a cooler pinky tone :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1509397356.469722.jpg

Here's some swatches I got off here for an idea of how much clear etc :)

Such great help! Thank you so much!

I used to use 10.21 and 4.20 on my prelightened hair as a lilac toner so of she wants pink I would go for a .66 and 10.21.

I used to use 10.21 and 4.20 on my prelightened hair as a lilac toner so of she wants pink I would go for a .66 and 10.21.
Great thank you, but you wouldnt first put on the 10.21 and then mix .66 with clear? I just feel it would make a purer blond?

You could pre tone for a better result but I would dilute the .66 with at least 10 if not 10.12 always as I find they dilute better x

You could pre tone for a better result but I would dilute the .66 with at least 10 if not 10.12 always as I find they dilute better x
Thanks a lot x

Or maybe mix the clear and 4.20 and .66 for a cooler pinky tone :)
She wants as light candy cotton pastel pink possible, I am thinking the 0.66 must do the trick

Yes I think that will come out lovely :)

Yes I think that will come out lovely :)
Thanks, I hope so :) appt is tomorrow so a bit nervous but feels a lot better after getting all advice x

You'll be fine :) if you're not sure tone with the 10.12 first then go in with your 66 and clear. You can always wash it off if it goes too pink too quick :)

You'll be fine :) if you're not sure tone with the 10.12 first then go in with your 66 and clear. You can always wash it off if it goes too pink too quick :)
I did what you said in last post and turned out fab, thank you so much xx

Latest posts

Back