L'Oreal education book 2016

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
It's literally one of the most exciting days of my life when this comes out!

I've mentally spent £2099 on courses (pretty low this year).

But, I think I already know the answer.

Do I go for Loreals freehand, ombre and balayage course for approx £169. Or go for the Jack Howard course for £235?!

Jack Howard? I've heared Adam talk about him in the past id go with that one, where will you have to travel to to do it?

I'd have to travel to London regardless.

My rep went ON AND ON about how the courses are more local. None of the classes/courses I wanna do are close!

There's two courses I wanna do, and I have a choice out of Belfast or Manchester. Or Belfast or Leeds!! And I'm in the South West!!

I'd have to travel to London regardless.

My rep went ON AND ON about how the courses are more local. None of the classes/courses I wanna do are close!

There's two courses I wanna do, and I have a choice out of Belfast or Manchester. Or Belfast or Leeds!! And I'm in the South West!!
Aw bummer that's quite a way!

I've asked a few people to pay for me. For some reason they aren't keen.

I might go on ones of these sugar daddy sites. Try my luck!! [emoji23]

Definitely jack howard!

Jack Howards course is a classic balayage root to tips technique, I would totally recommend. I have done the L'Oreal advanced balayage course too but James here did I think the updated balayage certification course which looked good, with live models so maybe he can tell you more about that one. X

Yes Adam is correct. I did the freehand, ombré and balayage course at L"Oreal a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.

We had 45mins intro/discussion then the morning was spent doing different techniques on a mannequin. They went through all free hand techniques, balayage, ombré, shine bands, placement, sectioning (like curving hair line sections, ribbons, valleys, singles) and when to paint underneath etc. then the afternoon was spent on live models.

My model wanted a really soft natural balayage. Minimum upkeep/grow out etc. I used studio freehand powder 6% and toned with dia light - half 7.8 + half clear.

YouTube is great for watching others masterpieces. But there is nothing like 1 on 1 training. I'm booked on the Jack Howard next year as it was sadly cancelled for this month.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448180759.028689.jpg

So, would it be worth doing both?

Which do you think you can get the most from?

So, would it be worth doing both?

Which do you think you can get the most from?

Depends on your budget, time etc. The freehand course will be much more hands on, 1 on 1 tuition etc, trying out what techniques you want and seeing lots of different results. The jack Howard course is more of a luxury, guest artist and just to see Jacks method then do a model in afternoon. Maybe that's more inspirational and refining your work? Depends on what you need to get out of it?

I think I would be better on trying different techniques.

I think I need more hands in practice to develop my skill rather than refining. X

I think I would be better on trying different techniques.

I think I need more hands in practice to develop my skill rather than refining. X

The tutor I had done the Jack Howard course and she showed us so many useful tips/techniques and touched on more advanced techniques. My class were all doing balayage/freehand already in salon so it moved at a quick pace. What I like about L'Oreal non guest/artist courses (like the freehand course) is the opportunity to ask as many dumb questions as you like, get 1 on 1 for body positioning and you get to try out whatever you want (that you cant do on a real client). So you learn what not to do and work out what you like to achieve the best results . You also get the benefit of looking at all the models (who all want different results) and you get to see the outcome in one afternoon. One girl in my class did free hand highlights (exactly like foils but using no foil) really interesting to see the result on that one. There was also a girl from an Aveda salon who couldn't get on with the "Aveda method/application" so they sent her on the L'Oreal course which she preferred. Great thing about that course is its just a technique class so it doesnt matter what colour house you use, its totally irrelevant.

Latest posts

Back