L'Oreal platifiz on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think she means blistering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think she means blistering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All bleaches dont blister tho, plus your at risk of blistering off any other colours too

u can get burnt and blistered from bleach if used wit too higher peroxide and that's the reason i always got taught not to put it on scalp didn't realise they made softer on scalp bleaches till couple days ago as never got taught about them and ive had a client once that lost a patch of hair and scarred from where she got burnt by bleach on the scalp hence y i keep sayin burnt lol but thanks again to everyone that helped me your advice was really helpful

u can get burnt and blistered from bleach if used wit too higher peroxide and that's the reason i always got taught not to put it on scalp didn't realise they made softer on scalp bleaches till couple days ago as never got taught about them and ive had a client once that lost a patch of hair and scarred from where she got burnt by bleach on the scalp hence y i keep sayin burnt lol but thanks again to everyone that helped me your advice was really helpful

Wow. Was that at college you weren't taught about bleach :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You just need to make sure it's scalp bleach and in my experience no higher than 20 volume xx

just to clarify as i didn't explain very well in last post i didn't burn my clients hair it was from a previous hairdresser that dun that to her but it was horrible for her and i wouldnt ever want to put anyone through that hence y i was so paranoid and yes wen i was training i got taught that

Glad to hear it turned out well. (I've just started using dia lights and 9.01 is first I've used.)

And yes, I'm a past students who had an instructor that tried to scare students from applying bleach to the scalp. Obviously working in salons and in the real word, I know differently. She pushed high lifts for on scalp only. Not all instructors are created equally as we all know.

(I also understand when someone says "burn." Some clients have gone to salons where they put bleach with volume 40 on scalp and thus they felt a burn. Probably scalp sores as well.)

Dont know why you havent learnt about scalp bleaches, they have been around for many and ive also seen more blistering over the years with hi lift tints. Ive been having platifizz with 30vol

For over 10 years and never had a problem

Glad to hear it turned out well. (I've just started using dia lights and 9.01 is first I've used.)

And yes, I'm a past students who had an instructor that tried to scare students from applying bleach to the scalp. Obviously working in salons and in the real word, I know differently. She pushed high lifts for on scalp only. Not all instructors are created equally as we all know.

(I also understand when someone says "burn." Some clients have gone to salons where they put bleach with volume 40 on scalp and thus they felt a burn. Probably scalp sores as well.)

no her scalp was actually burnt she had a scar there and a bald patch where her hair weren't growin bk cos of it but i dunno the strength of peroxide they used so it must of bin strong. And yes dialight 9.01 is wot i use in my own hair and its great gets a lovely ashy colour and if u do go a bit ginger it really tones it down to a light yellow as ive done this on myself before

even in the salon i was training in we never used bleach for on scalp it was always high lift tint, but now i no ill feel more comfortable doin it

of course now I know of bleach on scalp and have been using it on clients for several years.

I was just saying that I had one educator who tried to scare the students from using it.

Once you get the hang of using it, then it's great. I personally feel it lifts cleaner on darker bases than high lift.

even in the salon i was training in we never used bleach for on scalp it was always high lift tint, but now i no ill feel more comfortable doin it

i agree high lift tints are great for bases 8 and higher anything lower its not powerful enough to lift it up that light as in a base 6 naturally and i used high lift tint and u couldn't see much of a difference bout 2 shades lol

I've always found high lift tint does the following:

On base 8 - creamy blonde result

Base 7 - yellowy result

Base 6 and below - bright orange result

Used many different brands, all following the instructions 100% by the book, and with their matching peroxide, and the promised 4-5 shades of lift and high powered toning abilities have so far never been achieved ... My verdict? High lift tint is generally a complete flop unless you're doing caramel highlights or working on someone who's naturally light ... The reason why I'm having this mini rant is to emphasise how much more you're gonna like the results of doing a scalp bleach instead of high lift ;) haha x

I've always found high lift tint does the following:

On base 8 - creamy blonde result

Base 7 - yellowy result

Base 6 and below - bright orange result

Used many different brands, all following the instructions 100% by the book, and with their matching peroxide, and the promised 4-5 shades of lift and high powered toning abilities have so far never been achieved ... My verdict? High lift tint is generally a complete flop unless you're doing caramel highlights or working on someone who's naturally light ... The reason why I'm having this mini rant is to emphasise how much more you're gonna like the results of doing a scalp bleach instead of high lift ;) haha x

So perfectly true. And the funny thing is that even on a level 8 a normal lighter shade with 6% or 9% still looks more natural and balanced than hilift does.

I find that some hilifts tend to swell in foils, get hot and leave the hair in a worse condition than a bleach with low volume peroxide.

With toning, contures grab dark and the dark napes stay brassy. Of course trainers in school and manufactors recommend hilift for a naturel level 6 and lighter, but on a 6 it will be just a dirty glowy yellow - on fine hair.

The thing is with the level of lightness. Orange yellow hair cant be fully neutralised with blue. It will become a muddy orange, but is that a clean beige blonde? I prefer a level 7 on that base, so that it will appear warm but not glowy and muddy at the same time. If more lightness is desired, bleach highlights add lightness and also dimension.

Anyone tried hilift with a darker base to give more depth, like a paperbag colour? Heard interesting results from other forums.

So perfectly true. And the funny thing is that even on a level 8 a normal lighter shade with 6% or 9% still looks more natural and balanced than hilift does.

I find that some hilifts tend to swell in foils, get hot and leave the hair in a worse condition than a bleach with low volume peroxide.

With toning, contures grab dark and the dark napes stay brassy. Of course trainers in school and manufactors recommend hilift for a naturel level 6 and lighter, but on a 6 it will be just a dirty glowy yellow - on fine hair.

The thing is with the level of lightness. Orange yellow hair cant be fully neutralised with blue. It will become a muddy orange, but is that a clean beige blonde? I prefer a level 7 on that base, so that it will appear warm but not glowy and muddy at the same time. If more lightness is desired, bleach highlights add lightness and also dimension.

Anyone tried hilift with a darker base to give more depth, like a paperbag colour? Heard interesting results from other forums.

I completely agree, I think so many people make the mistake of reaching for a high lift thinking it's going to be gentle .... The amount of ammonia they pack into that stuff, combined with the fact that 90% of hairdressers automatically put it with 40 vol means major cuticle damage - seriously aggressive to the hair structure, when all that was actually needed was prelightener and a tone on tone developer for 30 mins then a nourishing quasi for a toner! X I've heard of high lift being used on Asian hair to create a light chocolate brown - personally I prefer base 6/7 and 20 vol though, it's gentler, it's pretty fool proof and it works every time for me x

I completely agree, I think so many people make the mistake of reaching for a high lift thinking it's going to be gentle .... The amount of ammonia they pack into that stuff, combined with the fact that 90% of hairdressers automatically put it with 40 vol means major cuticle damage - seriously aggressive to the hair structure, when all that was actually needed was prelightener and a tone on tone developer for 30 mins then a nourishing quasi for a toner! X I've heard of high lift being used on Asian hair to create a light chocolate brown - personally I prefer base 6/7 and 20 vol though, it's gentler, it's pretty fool proof and it works every time for me x

Hilift browns they call it, but they always end up too brassy. I read about creating your own hilift formula mixing. Let us say the client is a level 4 and you mix 30g of a hilift shade (whatever shade you want, doesn't have to be ash) and mix it with 10g of a level 5 (either cool, natural or ash) with 12% (1:2), for enough deposit while lifting. It was said to give the lightest possible, but still balanced brown on that natural level 4.
I think I got that from BehindTheChair, never got a chance to test. I am not that daring lol but anyone tried something similar?

Hilift browns they call it, but they always end up too brassy. I read about creating your own hilift formula mixing. Let us say the client is a level 4 and you mix 30g of a hilift shade (whatever shade you want, doesn't have to be ash) and mix it with 10g of a level 5 (either cool, natural or ash) with 12% (1:2), for enough deposit while lifting. It was said to give the lightest possible, but still balanced brown on that natural level 4.
I think I got that from BehindTheChair, never got a chance to test. I am not that daring lol but anyone tried something similar?

Ooh sounds interesting! I'm sure someone's gonna jump on that and start ranting that you shouldn't mix high lifts with other shades, but personally I'm up for taking risks and trying new things (on a friend or family member probably!) lol :p the only thing that sets alarm bells ringing for me is the idea of using 12% - for that kind of abuse to the hair shaft I'd rather just bleach bath and put a base 7 quasi on lol! Worth trying though! :) lol x

Latest posts

Back