Losing my confidence with gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink_Lashes

Reaction score
Hi there. I am trained with Bio sculpture and brisa gel. I have more experience with bio than brisa and have been using it for two years.

I had a room at my house and I did a lot of gel, but then I wasnt getting enough clients and wanted some experience in a salon so I am currently working in a salon.

Anyway I am getting frustrated with the gel they use, and its making me lose my confidence in nails but I know it is one of my strenghts.
She uses a gel called Just nail I think it's called. She said that there have been a few complaints recently where the gel has come off a day later! That has never happened to me when I was using bio, peoples nails have stayed on for 3/4 weeks even my Mums and her nails are not in great condition. I havnt done a lot of brisa but did some extentions recently and i saw them two weeks later they were still perfect. I am just losing my confidence thinking I am no good nails. Is it the gel or is it me? Has anyone heard of those makes she uses?

Last edited:
Can you not see if you can bring in the products you're more used too? If the products your boss is supplying are no good and clients are complaining then surely your boss should listen to the staff and have an open mind to try better quality products..

I haven't heard of that make, but if your brisa and bio nails are still looking great after time then it's obviously the product that's the problem.
I'd speak to the owner/manager and say that you think it's the product that is an issue and perhaps to prove to her, use brisa for a short time for clients and see how they get on as an experiment!

I haven't heard of that brand either, I think Sarah and lovelygirl have said it all. Speak to your boss, I'm sure she doesn't want to keep losing clients !

Latest posts

Back